Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Focus that won't start

mines a 1.4 petrol

if the 15 amp fuse was blown under the bonnet id say the fuel pump has completely siezed up.need to check power to the pump really to guarantee its def that

how do you check power from what to what if you know what i mean

is was not the fuel pump it was dirt**** in the spark plug thanks for your replys ALWAYS CHECK SPARK PLUGS THEY ARE THE HEART OF YOUR CAR
    Last edited by johnnypoe; 05-03-12 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypoe View Post
    is was not the fuel pump it was dirt**** in the spark plug thanks for your replys ALWAYS CHECK SPARK PLUGS THEY ARE THE HEART OF YOUR CAR
    OK WE HEAR YOU. IF YOU HAD READ AND TRIED POST NUMBERS 2 AND 3 IT SAYS TO CHECK THE SPARK PLUGS, DOES IT NOT?

yeah thanks just hope its not the start of a bad pump will get new plugs and leads thanks again all who helped

whats with the attitude

Default Fuel pump ford focus prpblemd

Hi another newby. I have a ford focus 08 diesel turbo which has just had a relacement turbo pipe and since it has been fitted im having starting problems. If car is left on my sloping drive it starts but it has failed to start from the flat position green flag man (thru churchills ins) got it going by turning over with accelerator to the floor. Happy days i thought. No it has continued to fail me. Currently in garage who fitted turbo pipe as i thought it was related, too much of a coincidence but they have had car for 2 days now & are non the wiser. Talked about new fuel pump its just over 3 years old with 46k on the clock. All suggestions welcome.

Possibly the leak off pipes from the injectors allowing fuel to drain back towards the tank.