Thread: Ford focus tdci - rattle - dual mass flywheel??

Angry Ford focus tdci - rattle - dual mass flywheel??

I have recently noticed a rattle when starting up my car. After having one garage look at it they believe it is the dual mass flywheel, which could be replaced with a slightly diffenrent part to get rid o the dual mass fly wheel and no have it cause a problem again. Does anyone know about this, the info would be much appreciated. I have been quoted 866 quid includig VAT does this sound about right. I am hoping to get it sorted on the few days i have left on my warranty but not sure yet. All info and help would be appreciated. Cheers

Cant say on your Focus but a company called Valeo produce solid flywheels in place of dual mass in a kit for Ford Transits 2.0 TDCi'. The kit including clutch and parts is approx 250+vat. It depends where you live and what type of garage but the price seems a bit high to me.
    But I would ensure the garage guarantees the rattle is the dual mass first! The noise is generally there all the time, especially when the clutch is pressed and the engine revved up.

The garage said it is cheaper to replace the whole lot with a normal flywheel than to purchase a new dual mass fly wheel. Plus thy said the dual mass flywheel could fail again. Very frustrating and difficult to decide! The noise seems to be there whether the clutch is depressed or not .... You notice it on start up but once driving in higher gears it cant be heard. Co
    Coming to a stop or slowig at junctions is when it is heard but have not noticed it to affect the driving!!

I serviced a Skoda Octavia 1.9tdi this morning with a bad vibration through the clutch pedal and some noise from the clutch area. The owners are going to get rid as around 800 could be put to a new car.
    Yes, it will be cheaper to replace the clutch and solid flywheel than buy another dual mass.