Thread: Emergency spare wheel

Default Emergency spare wheel

I have been reading several of the threads relating to the "Emergency Repair Kit" issues, having just bought a Mazda 6 with no spare wheel. But nobody says where you can buy an emergency spare wheel from. I cannot locate any on the web.

Nick Hudd

Welcome to the site Nick, you could probably get one at a car breakers yard, good luck.

Thanks, Smudger. Not a problem, as several are near - it's years since I haunted the car breakers' yards!

Presumably the size is of some importance. What are the critical dimensions to get right, please? The tyres on this Mazda are 215-50R-17-91W

Nick

Personally I would recommend getting a full size wheel and tyre (the same as the car is fitted with) from an Identical car. If you do decide to get a space saver from something at the scrappy, You will need to make sure it has the same pitch circle diameter for the fixing bolts, That it has enough clearance for the brake callipers (or it won't turn when bolted on) and that the diameter is the same (preferable) as the existing road wheels.