Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renault - electric parking brake expense. Beware!!!

Angry crazy cars

Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    I am wondering if it is relevant to the amount of drivers who have not applied their handbrakes properly, and have had the brakes come off as the discs cooled?! I still wouldn't want this on my car though, I believe I am capable of applying a handbrake, and releasing it for hill starts etc.
    I take a lot of the so-called driver aids as a way of dumbing down driving.
    Hi , just new,I would like to share a recent experience; I recently took my Renault laguna (2005) for an mot retest and the car passed ok. I was given my mot certificate and thanked the inspector as i needed my car for work and was relieved to pass for another year. The work for the mot carried out to my car by another garage, cost me about £400. As I was getting my pass handed to me, I was told my car was being brought to me. 2 minutes later, Iwas told, ``they cant get my car off the ramp`` because the electric brake had locked on itself. The manual release would not work and the cables would not budge so both wheels had to be removed and the cable`` stop ``forced open with a large screwdriver to release the brake cables. I was told the electric brake box on the rear axle would need replacing at a cost of £800 fitted. Needless to say, I will run my car for 1 year then scrap it never to get a renault car ever again.:

I've got same problem on mine can you please fix mine as well for same cost