Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smart Car.

Nice one! My father has one! Admittedly it is currently sitting on my driveway, but apparently that doesn't make it mine!

They are wonderful little things - quite unbelievably roomy though. The dash is really long and the whole thing is so airy!

With as many gears as my 2.4, it's quite surprisingly fun! While at Uni, I worked at Pizza Hut driving their delivery Smart Car! Best job ever!

Enjoy it!

When I'm ready to purchase a new car, I'm seriously thinking of getting a Smart Car. I don't know how long they are supposed to last, but saving all that money on fuel is surely an appealing idea.

Well Marie, there are other cars that can give about the same MPG, but I just like our Smart car because its so quirky, and really fun to drive!

As for how long they last, just have a look on Ebay, they have twelve year old ones with 70-85K on them, and still selling at around 1200-1350 mark, so they hold their price as well.

I don't think the new models are as quirky as the older ones, and they don't have the same soul either. I did notice however that they have put the Rev Counter and the Clock back up on top of the dash, like they used to be.

They are really cheap to run, with 30 a year vehicle tax, I would go for a Three Year old one, save yourself a lot of money, good luck.

So they can last a while, that's good to know. Getting a used one in good condition might be a good option then.

Yea! it is, you can do the same as I did and buy it on Ebay, you can save a lot of cash that way. There are a lot of Dealers on there, (buy it now ones) but if you look close you can get a private seller one, like I did.

I was in contact with the seller by phone and Email, as I didn't want to drive the 97 miles, just to find it was a waste of time.