Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: London's low emission zone

Quote.."I also believe it is just another scheme to get the older vehicles (poorer people) off the road."

Aye! it looks like they want to go back to the old days, when it was only the rich who could afford to keep a car on the road?

I'm guessing both the people in this thread have 'Van' versions of these vehicles.

But for those of us who only venture into London occaiasionally, we dont know what the Low Emission zone restrictions are.

Most of it is explained here: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/default.aspx
    Basically the zone extends to the suburbs, and it is 200 a day if you enter the zone with a vehicle that doesn't comply to their emission specs.

The legislation is really aimed at trucks and busses. You have just been caught up in it - You will have had plenty of notice that this was coming too.

And yes - the intention is to get smelly polluting old diesels off the road.

Hi Landroverman

As a fellow Land rover (1991) owner living inside the LEZ this has been a problem for me also. I've resorted to housing the land rover in suffolk with a friend, but this is far from ideal. What's more, on a daily basis I see land rovers of a similar age driving around inside the LEZ (usually a 200Tdi or 110) which according to TFL the individual vehicles are 'not subject to the LEZ'.

I'm curious as to how I might be able to apply to be exempt from the LEZ, has anyone had any experience/success with this?

Thanks a lot

I think the DVLA have a pamphlet that gives out all that kind of information. The rule of thumb seems to be, the lower the tax is on the vehicle, the lower its omissions.

Some new vehicles have No tax at all, whereas the 2002 car I've just bought is 148 a year, yet it still passed its MOT omission check?

I just wonder how this LEZ affects boats going up and down the Thames? I know my daughter went on an all-night cruise around Xmas, and she said the smoke from the exhaust on the boat was quite noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by hightower86 View Post
    Hi Landroverman

As a fellow Land rover (1991) owner living inside the LEZ this has been a problem for me also. I've resorted to housing the land rover in suffolk with a friend, but this is far from ideal. What's more, on a daily basis I see land rovers of a similar age driving around inside the LEZ (usually a 200Tdi or 110) which according to TFL the individual vehicles are 'not subject to the LEZ'.

I'm curious as to how I might be able to apply to be exempt from the LEZ, has anyone had any experience/success with this?

Thanks a lot
    I believe that if your Land Rover is fitted with seats it could possibly be classified as a Mini Bus. Is it a 110 Land Rover?

I have had a couple of friends who had to get rid of their Land Rovers because of LEZ. Theirs were both commercial types, as opposed to Discos, and DVLA said that putting later engines in wouldn't cut it. I live just inside it, and I know I will have to get rid of my car eventually as I am sure they will go down that road soon enough.