Thread: Peugeot 206 HDI GTi - Engine Anti Pollution Fault

Default Peugeot 206 HDI GTi - Engine Anti Pollution Fault

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been discussed before. Basically I'll keep this short, driving on the motorway and the light came on.

Car had a full service 2 weeks ago and a timing belt changed.
    New Radiator

I filled up my car at a local Tesco's, which I have never done, and a day later the light came on.

My car details:
    http://www.carpages.co.uk/peugeot/pe...0_30_05_04.asp

Any ideas?

If your car has a particulate filter in the exhaust it may be connected to this but a diagnostic on a suitable diagnostic tool will tell you what is wrong. Part of this system on Peugeots is in the fuel tank cap which has magnets in it so maybe a problem here. If your car does have this filter you will need the diagnostic tool to repair the system, you cannot do it yourself.
    If you dont have this filter, it could mean one of many things from a partially blocked exhaust, bad injector, EGR fault or anything to do with the emissions. Diagnostics is the only sure way to find the fault.

The particulate filter has to be cleaned periodically and the interval is determined by a number of things. One of these is the amount of times the tank has been filled - the magnets send a signal to the management system to aid the calculation. Some filters can be cleaned but the earlier ones have to be replaced. You car may also be fitted with a system that cleans the filter using a liquid in a separate tank under the car. This is pretty expensive at about 25 to fill the tank. Good luck!

Thanks Guys!

It looks like the problem had been resolved. It seems I just put in 'bad' diesel in my car. Once it ran out, I put in the good V plus fuel and the problem cleared it self.

Although I have found I sometimes have to push slightly harder on the accelerator pedal.

I also spoke to the garage and they told me I need to add some kind of liquid into my engine, which is expensive stuff. What to you recommend, and would you know what this does?

You Don't need to put in V plus or premium diesel, Just regular diesel from a good forecourt like your local Esso or BP and not the cheap supermarket stuff.

I don't like the shell fuel blends (fuelsave) as there is just too many problems with them giving poor performance and running problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ketan000 View Post
    Thanks Guys!

I also spoke to the garage and they told me I need to add some kind of liquid into my engine, which is expensive stuff. What to you recommend, and would you know what this does?
    I think they are referring to the fluid that is added to clean the particulate filter. Its about 30 a litre from the dealer. The display will tell you when it has run out.