Thread: Dodgey Car

Default Dodgey Car

Bought a 2004 ford foucus about 3/4 weeks ago from local garage, looked to be in great condition with no rust, anyway went to wash it today on and noticed loads of rust on back cills and around front cills, on closer inspection i notice that the paint is peeling and coming off, obviously they have sprayed straight over the rust to hide this, is there anything i can do?

thanks mark

Welcome to the site duarab, afraid not, you should have given the car a right good inspection at the time before you bought it?
    Even if you went to the Trading Standards folk, they would just tell you the same, as even with that problem, the car is still fit to do what its meant to, good luck.

I gave the car a good going over and could not find one bit of rust, obviously they had just sprayed both the cills and done a good job of covering it up, now that i have had it 3 weeks the rust has came up really bad and all the paint on the cills is flaking off, you should not be allowed to get away with **** like this.

Have a look at and a talk to, Consumers direct http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/they should be able to tell you what can be done.
    Good Luck.