Thread: Looking to get used car good MPG

Default Looking to get used car good MPG

Hi,

What the increases in petrol prices and everything I think it's time to get a new car (well second hand, but new for me). I drive about 50 miles per day for work, and currently spend about £150 a month on fuel. I have a Peugeot 206 SW (estate) and need a fairly big car, although not necessarily an estate.

I'm by no means a car enthusiast, it just needs to be fairly comfortable, cheap to run and reliable.

Any advice people could give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dom

Welcome to the site Dr Pips, try having a look at the Auto-Trader web site or even on Ebay just to give you an idea of prices and choices.
    Someone else posted a similar question as yours earlier today, you might come across their post if you take a look around, good luck

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. I had a look in the forum, but it says the last post before mine was 6 days ago. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,

Dom

Can't remember offhand who it was, but http://www.fuelly.com/ was linked by another poster. Definitely worth a look in terms of 'real world' fuel consumption figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    Can't remember offhand who it was, but http://www.fuelly.com/ was linked by another poster. Definitely worth a look in terms of 'real world' fuel consumption figures.
    Rolebama, have you used or know of the product B44 talked about on that website, or has anyone for that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pips View Post
    Hi,

What the increases in petrol prices and everything I think it's time to get a new car (well second hand, but new for me). I drive about 50 miles per day for work, and currently spend about £150 a month on fuel. I have a Peugeot 206 SW (estate) and need a fairly big car, although not necessarily an estate.

I'm by no means a car enthusiast, it just needs to be fairly comfortable, cheap to run and reliable.

Any advice people could give would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dom
    Audi A4 diesel definitely recommended.

Quote.." Am I looking in the wrong place?" To be honest Dr Pips there are so many different threads and questions like that tend to appear on more than one of them, so I a not really sure where it is now

But it was someone looking for advice on what car to get for the best mileage and comfort.

Wagolynn, I have had a look but can't find B44 referred to.

Hmm, I have just had another look Rolebama, and cannot find it. It may have been an advert, it was a carbon remover, said to shift carbon in the inlet manifold (downstream of the injectors), injectors, valves etc. The active ingredient was the norm but it was supposed to have 20X as much as the run of the mill stuff and extensively used in the motor trade, UK as well as US.