Thread: Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 or 2.0 TFSI?

Default Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 or 2.0 TFSI?

Has anyone got any experience of the following cars:

Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170

or

Audi A3 2.0 TFSI

I want a car with more grunt, current have a Vauxhall Astra MK4. I want an Audi A3 because I love them. Is there any noticeable difference?

I'm one of those people who hasn't made the Diesel crossover and isn't sure about it even though I know they are decent and generally are not short of power.

Any advice?

I have had a 2.0T FSI DSG as a company car for almost 4 years and it's fantastic. It's the Sport version so the ride is a bit firm and if you drive it hard the fuel consumption doesn't get better than mid 20's but on the motorway it will easily do 35mpg. It will burn off Astra VXRs from the lights if you stick it in 'S' and floor it right away (I've done it and the bloke was seriously upset) if you're into that sort of thing and there is loads of torque. It has to go back soon so I've gone for the 2.0TDi 170 DSG as a replacement. I tried a BMW 120d (boring and hopeless in the snow) and a Golf GTD (looks like a chav's car and not that impressive to be honest) TheA3 TDi 170 has more torque than a Boxster and an Imprezza WRX and will be bombproof. There's not a lot to choose between the TDi 170 and the 2.0T FSI. I'd happily have either. Go for the DSG gearbox if you can. It's a proper sequential gearbox and the changes are seamless.