Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAC Warranty - Platinum Maintenance and Breakdown Care

I got platinum warranty which suggests that maintenance is included and it doesn't appear to cover anything that could develop a fault.

The policy suggests that 'All mechanical and electrical parts are included for failure to perform their normal function on the vehicle' but it seems pretty much everything is excluded unless you have a complete breakdown, so calling it a maintenance agreement is just a con.

I expected a lot more from RAC i have to say; this just seems like a dodgy scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt rivers View Post
    I purchased a car in March 2011 took out extended 12 month platinum cover, in first 3 weeks i needed a new EGR Valve which wasnt covered! I now need to have a new Inlet Manifold which AGAIN is NOT covered!!! what a waste of money the cover seems to be!
    If you bought the car from a garage or dealer, they must cover the costs of the repairs.

You have to ask yourself why any company including the RAC offers a 'warranty'? They certainly don't do it out of a sense of goodwill or loyalty. As with any business enterprise this is a means of making money. Or they would not do it. Simple as...

i got rac warranty it does matter what is problem they won't cover you don't buy warranty from them.

See Hometune’s last post above post #13 this applies to all third party warranties. In my view, gold platinum or raspberry they are all the same.

Think in the not into the distant future if you breakdown and call for assistance you will be told"sorry not covered here`s a price"

Something I don't agree with is traders giving third party warranties starting on the day they sell the car, To me it screams out that they are trying to shirk their responsibilities if something goes wrong in the first 6 months and I have heard people say that within the first 6 months they have been told they had to pay because it is not covered by the third party warranty.

dont belive a word they say, just lied through there teeth to get out of paying.
    Not worth a penny.
    Your better off getting an AA inspection and getting the dealer to pay for that instaed off the warrenty.
    I'll never use the RAC again for anything.

Had platinum cover off dealer when purchased vehicle. Problem with alternator belt took to main dealer as most independants would not do warranty work. Quoting difficult to manage/settle etc. Main dealer completed repair and was suprised that was covered and stated must be GOOD COVER. Had option to RENEW cover for futher 12 months, when original expired. Which I took after 'good experience'.
    Unfortunately had to take in for further repair. To be told by garage not covered. As cover dropped from platinum to gold on renewal. No mention of such in all blurb. so feel elated to be conned by a further member of , RIP OFF BRITAIN!!!!!
    Thought would get better service from RAC, Rip off All Customers. Trying to get a response also waste off time.
    DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON ANYTHING RAC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Have I a warrenty

Hi RAC, I paid for a warranty with a car bought from a dealer in June. I have not recieved any policy number, terms etc from the RAC. How can I check the dearler has initailised the policy? Obivously if I ask the dealer he will say yes, so would like to check with the RAC.