Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAC Warranty - Platinum Maintenance and Breakdown Care

Default RAC Warranty - Platinum Maintenance and Breakdown Care

I hope I am not the only person to have taken out one of these warranties when I bought a second hand renault from a large dealer and found a problem.
    If I am then please see details below:
    I was shocked to discover when requesting a repair to a breakdown that this warranty failed to cover 3 known faults. When I say known, they were known by the Warranty Company but not disclosed to me when I purchased the car. I had to contact the manufacturer/main dealer and request a contribution to repair a known fault! I have now discovered if I take my car abroad the Warranty is invalid for any mechanical breakdown normally covered.
    I think it should be made very clear to anyone taking out a RAC Platinum Warranty on any vehicle what known faults about their vehicle will not be covered and that the warranty is invalid if the vehicle breaks down when in Europe.

Just had a look at the online T & Cs and found the following: Full Terms and Conditions of the Platinum Maintenance and Breakdown Care Warranty are supplied at the point of sale.
    Does this mean they are only disclosed after purchasing? Are they 'tailored' to individual vehicles with respect to known faults?

Thumbs down

about time people realised warranties are not worth the paper,you get a problem,"sorry fair wear and tear not covered"

Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    Just had a look at the online T & Cs and found the following: Full Terms and Conditions of the Platinum Maintenance and Breakdown Care Warranty are supplied at the point of sale.
    Does this mean they are only disclosed after purchasing? Are they 'tailored' to individual vehicles with respect to known faults?
    No Rolebama, I call it mouse trap selling. Suggest everything is possible until the deal is done, money in the bank, then the trap closes...

I was clearing out some old paperwork the other day, and came across my original contract with Telewest for our Internet connection.

I started to read the small print at the bottom of the pages, (with a magnifying glass, peeps not being what they were?)

Must admit, after a few lines I had totally forgot what it was all about, it just went on and on an...........

I purchased a car in March 2011 took out extended 12 month platinum cover, in first 3 weeks i needed a new EGR Valve which wasnt covered! I now need to have a new Inlet Manifold which AGAIN is NOT covered!!! what a waste of money the cover seems to be!

I got a 6 month warranty with my car, track rod end appears to have some play, who do call though? There's no number in the book apart from a customer service number on the back. Can someone give me the number please?

The dealer legally has to repair it, all cars sold are sold as road worthy and guaranteed as such, this includes everything; the third party warranty is just worthless.

Isn't it funny that, no matter what part of your car breaks down....its not covered by the warranty

There is too many dealers trying to wriggle out of their obligation to put right any faults which happen in the first 6months after purchase.