Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vauxhall Insignia issues???

Default Vauxhall Insignia issues???

Hi all
    I bought a new Insignia last year which had several issues including dash information unit switching off, car not starting drain on battery of 2 amps unexplained, issue with fuel filter causing car to stall whilst driving. Due to the last issue the car was swapped by Vauxhall directors office. The new car has the exact same issues with the dash and not starting. although the car has been back every other month for the past year Vauxhall can't fix the issue. I was just wondering has anyone else experienced this since I have had the same issue on 2 cars now?

Hi. Yes, my dashboard has a mind of its own. Sometimes it goes off altogether. Sometimes I get random warning lights that suddenly go away. Last night my traction control light came on when I was going in a straight line but everything else was dead. I had a sudden power drain and then the engine returned to normal but the dash was still off. I continued to the nearest services and pulled up to switch the car "off and on" (that's what they tell you to do with computers). After that it wouldn't start at all, no ignition, no noise, nothing - dead. I had a feeling that the computer had got too hot and crashed so I opened the bonnet and left it for half and hour. When I tried it again it started fine and the dash was working ok. The sudden power drains when you are on the motorway are downright dangerous and it's left me doing 35 in the middle lane before now. The CPU problem is just part of a catalogue of issues with the Insignia (new gassing valves, new intercooler pipes, new powersteering pressure pipes... they blew on the motorway, complete CPU reprogramming, sputtering, power drains, new wheel couplings required). If you are buying an Insignia be prepared to spend a lot of money keeping it on the road. The clutch is ready to go too and apparently the Vauxhall Service guidelines suggest that the warranty period of these is 18,000, this was confirmed to me by Steven, the Service Manager at JCT600 Vauxhall in Bradford.

Hi - Not sure how long you have had your car for but it is worthwhile taking up the issues with Vauxhall directly. I had to invest a lot of time going backwards and forwards with people from their executive office but they refunded me the full cost I had paid for the Insignia in the end. I know you shouldn't have to do this and it takes the shine off having the new car but hands up to the Vauxhall guys they did replace my first car and refunded me on the 2nd one in the end.

That's exactly the thought I had so I sent them a message about half an hour ago to get the ball rolling. Don't think they got it though because it came up 404 - even the website doesn't work properly. )

You can contact them on 0845 0902051 to raise a case.

Thanks for your help. I have just spoken with them and they were very helpful. Did your problems start at a particular mileage and which model where you driving?

Hi
    We initially had 2.0 CDTI (130) manual exclusive - I think we took delivery around the end of April '09 and that had covered less than 1K miles when it went back. We then got a 2.0 CDTI (130) manual SE in July '09 and that had covered around 6K miles max when it eventually went back in Dec '10. It was a shame as I really liked the car when it worked and to be honest I would have happily tried a 3rd Insignia if they had offered to swapped it again. Although that said my wife got a Renault Megane Coupe with the refund as she was nervous about putting the children into another Vauxhall and touch wood she hasn't had a single issue with it in the 9 months we had it.
    Hope you get it all resolved.

I am a Vauxhall Insignia CDTi (2009) in Northern Ireland. Still like the design of the car but have had a number of problems. Firstly, after a few months from new, paintwork on driver's door showed a white bloom and spread to read door. Dealer did not want to know me. Secondly, power steering fluid began leaking ..... recalled by dealership after one week delay ( I was refilling with new fluid every day) ..... was given the smallest Kia car for one day until repair carried out ... was charged for insurance on Kia. Have recently had to replace all four brake discs ..... I am retired .... do not brake heavily. June 2012, had to pay over 1000 to replace bearings in gears 1 and 6. Dealer did not want to know me. Got work done with an independent transmission expert. Car had 57,000miles and was just two months outside warranty. Contacted Vauxhall ..... they were very nice on phone and sent me a 'Dear John' letter but are not prepared to do anything. Have been told by a couple of mechanics that there seems to be a fault with Insignia gearbox over 50,000miles. I would be very grateful to hear from anyone with Insignia transmission problems. Many thanks.

Hi I have one of the first Insignias in Northern ireland. Its now 3 years 3 months. I have had a lot of trouble with the car. The heated seat has only ever worked for 1 winter, and after a recent service it has gone again. I have had the brake pads and discs replaced 3 times and the rear are away again. Tonight the dashboard computer has gone blank. Vauxhaul UK dont want to know and the dealership appears to want my money. Great car but at wits end with it.

Default insignia major problems

hi i have an insignia 1.8 sri on a 60 plate , i have had a new engine fitted about 4 months ago which took approx 6 weeks , a few weeks later i took the car back due to loss of power they said it was the cat .At the same time i said the gearbox was clunky , they informed me my clutch was worn and needed a new gearbox , and clutch .On the day i got it back i reported noises from the engine , they said nothing was wrong . i took the car back in last week (5k miles after new engine and gear box) the gear box is rattling in neutral , a bolt is missing of part of the engine , power steering fluid is leaking , rear drivers side brake calliper is jammed , and boot oppener works now and again . the vauxhall garage said they would phone me to book the car in , i am still waiting a week later this is disgusting . i spoke to a guy in a supermarket carpark today who has a 60 plate insignia and he had to have a new gearbox and engine last year . this must be a major problem , can anyone give me some advice on how to give this car back to vauxhall