Thread: Anyone Got a Peugeot Bipper Tepee?

Default Anyone Got a Peugeot Bipper Tepee?

I am looking at this as my next car but local Peugeot dealer only got a van to view, I want to carry my mobility scooter in back so need to know length of load area with seats folded up to back of front seats and with seats removed, several requests to Peugeot and all they can tell me is how many litres it can carry in load area which is not much help.

Have you tried the Peugeot web site? Which think this vehicle is unsafe.

Default Peugeot No Help on Bipper Tepee Inside Sizees

I have contacted Peugeot UK by email & phone but they can only quote as in documentation they send, keep saying passing to another department then nothing else, I measured a van local family owned Peugeot dealer had but he said Tepee may differ due to seats and trim. I could live with a van but cost nealy as much as car version with VAT added, road tax Tepee £30 year Van £110 for 6 months also side doors are handy, don't care about back seats as only dog uses them.
    What did Which claim to be dangerous about it?

Contax, I made a set of ramps that meat we could drive my wife's mobility scooter right up and into the back of our car.

We did that on the Citroen Picasso and Renault Scenic that we owned in the past.
    It fitted in no bother, all we had to do was lower the steering arm, so we could use the rear view mirror

(the ramps were made of wood, and slotted in either side of the scooter, in fact, it was the maximum length of that, which gave us the length of ramp required)

Default I Need Load Area Length Measurements of Bipper Tepee

Thanks smudger we don't hear much about cars that can carry a scooter in any reviews, maybe we should, I have a Peugeot 206SW (estate) and bought telescopic ramps off eBay for £120 ex mobility still new, I have Pride Celebrity X Sport Class3 scooter (I am bit big & heavy for smaller ones) which just fits through rear hatch if i fold down tiller then seat, first time I broke key off in lock, Celebrity X 4mph fits in much easier same scooter but smaller rear wheels and seat, I should have bought that one. Plenty of room inside 206SW but not sure about length in Bipper Tepee from folded up seats to rear door, Bipper Tepee is cheap to run, tax and insure like my 206SW but has higher seating for getting in and out, I looked at van but higher tax and insurance plus not much cheaper than the car version which will resell easier.

Aye! the thing the car needs to have, is n no bulkhead on the rear door, so the scooter can be driven right inside it.

I made my ramps around 8" wide, as the rear axle was 2" longer than the front one.
    Then I fitted sides to each ramp, to stop the wheels going over the edge.

The ramps cost me 75p for the bolts, for the spacers to stop the ramps spreading, while the scooter was going up/down on them.

In fact, with my back problem, I have modified quite a lot of tools, so that I can still potter about in the garden, while sitting down.
    Some folk even ask me where I bought them from, and are surprised when I say they are hand made

(I only had to fold down two seats in both them cars, to fit the whole scooter in, so that meant I could still carry two passengers)
    Last edited by smudger; 25-10-10 at 21:28.

I got my new Bipper Tepee Outdoor 1.4 HDi 70 5 weeks ago, 10,453.01, that included a new spare wheel rim but as ther was a small mark on bumper I got a tyre put on it for free, not had chance to use it much as not been feeling well but it is fun to drive in traffic and on our rural roads, it seemed to struggle a bit in wind when I went to pick it up, this was last new 1.4 HDi 70 Peugeot UK could find in UK, got it from Perrys Blackburn, they had to go fetch it from Inverness, the transporter had to turn back at Perth first time but it arrived at last, I wanted silver but when it arrived it was a 1.3 HDi 75 with DPF so refused it, they had to sell it second hand as they had registered it to me, did not want the sicilian red metalic but no further choice and was a great deal, just need a postmans cap and a black and white cat.