Thread: renault clio wiper problem

Question renault clio wiper problem

The wiper on the passenger side of my 5 yr old Clio Rush is sweeping too far. I have just made the connection between this annoying clatter and the mysterious damage to the passenger door jamb paintwork.
    Is this a wiring or mechanical problem?
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Welcome to the site clio05, your post is actually in the wrong thread, you will bet more response if you put it in the Technical & Maintenance thread, good luck

The windscreen wiper arm is probably loose, I am not familiar with the car but look at the base of the wiper arm, there is usually some sort of cover over a nut, this is probably loose. If this is the case, unscrew the nut, pull of the arm and check the end has not worn too much, the arm end usually fits on a course taper, it may be plain or splined (small groves and ridges).
    To refit, with a wet windscreen, let the remaining wiper wipe and park, turn off the ignition, replace wiper in its parked position tighten the clamping nut, not too much, run the wipers again to test the travel/coverage is as you want it (on a wet screen), if all ok tighten clamping nut – do not over tighten medium force on appropriate sized spanner should be about right. Always turn off ignition before adjusting.