Thread: engine cutting out

Default engine cutting out

when im driving my car (vauxhall astra 1.6 2002) and i come to slow down or stop as i get down to 2nd or 1st gear the revs seem to get too low and the engine cuts out can anybody help thanks

Is there any other symptoms? warning lights on etc.?

You could try cleaning the throttle body out - may find it is causing your problems.

Default yes

the engine electronics light comes on sometimes before it happens and when it happens this comes on and the battery light, the oil light etc just like when your stopped still and you turn key once the lights on dash come on before you start engine

It might have a code stored, Like has been said it maybe a sticking throttle valve or it may have an air leak or blocked crankcase breather pipes. Take off the breather pipe that goes from the cam cover to the throttle body and make sure it is clear.

It is worth doing these simple checks for blocked or leaking pipes first before you get someone to start reading codes.

Default Astra cutting out

Throttle body bypass clogged. Do a search on Vauxhall Owners Network for complete cure (too much detail to put on here!)