Thread: Dragons Den Road signs and flashing lights

Default Dragons Den Road signs and flashing lights

I really could not understand the thinking behind this idea of using lights. Surely instead of a sequence of lights going up or down it would have been better to just have a sign?

And as for the problem of 'no entry' signs being hard to see from an angle - it took me about 10 seconds to think of the answer. just make the signs curved in stead of flat - simple.

I always wondered why they just couldn't be mounted at 45degrees.
    Re your Dragons Den comment, I just watched part of the clip on iPlayer. I am absolutely positiive that with all the flashing lights around today, that would be seen as just more eye candy and ignored. As he said, the sign has been around since 1931,* and to me, it works, so why change for change's sake? Or is it because, as is the point of the programme, someone has seen an opportunity to make money?
    *I'm not so sure on this point as I still remember the old black and white with white reflector signs, before the continental style signs were introduced.

Oh, Rolebama you are an old cynic, I am sure itís all done with a sense of civic responsibility. I can see your pigs putting on flying gear again...

A lot of drivers simply ignore traffic signs anyway, so making them flash wouldn't make any difference?

Was the lights or the drivers should flash Smudger?

Quote.."Was the lights or the drivers should flash Smudger?"

Well, I think they might take notice if it was the driver who was flashing

I wonder, if driving around with your zip open, would be driving without due care and attention. I canít find anything in the Highway Code... perhaps that will be another new road sign.

I usually find it useful to remember to look at the stop or give way white lines - if they go all the way across the road then you can't go down there. More often than not you can see the lines even if the sign is obscured.