Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka brentsouth trading aka heathrow engines DO NOT USE

...and to add to the tales of woe. Whilst the Heathrow operation has been shut down I believe I have been stung by the same people or at the very least the same scam by an operation that has just opened in Slough using one of the previously used URL's http://www.reconditioned-engines.co.uk/
    The new operating address is Unit 5, Perth Trading Estate, Slough, SL1 4XX. 0175-3722294
    It's quite possible that they monitor this thread so I won't say much but if anyone hears of the Slough operation being shutdown in the same way as Heathrow then it would be helpful if they could post that information here.

Default They are still there

Quote Originally Posted by cartel View Post
    ...and to add to the tales of woe. Whilst the Heathrow operation has been shut down I believe I have been stung by the same people or at the very least the same scam by an operation that has just opened in Slough using one of the previously used URL's http://www.reconditioned-engines.co.uk/
    The new operating address is Unit 5, Perth Trading Estate, Slough, SL1 4XX. 0175-3722294
    It's quite possible that they monitor this thread so I won't say much but if anyone hears of the Slough operation being shutdown in the same way as Heathrow then it would be helpful if they could post that information here.
    I am pretty sure they are still there, they are operating under 1st Choice Engines Ltd

also another site by the same people...
    http://www.rangeroverengines.co.uk/

I doubt it is coincidence that over the years numerous engine businesses have closed and new ones opened in the Heathrow, Hounslow, Slough corridor and staff appear to be the same at the new business, done times even in the same premises.
    Never have any of these businesses applied for FER membership that must say something.
    To be sure of receiving a quality product and service people should look for the FER logo and also as check at www.fer.co.uk that a company is still a member.
    One if the aims if the FER us to raise industry standards and on behalf if it's members take action against businesses that by virtue if their products or practices drag the engine re-manufacturing business into disrepute. If anyone reading this list can provide me chrisholmes@fer.co.uk with hard evidence of their painful experiences when trying to obtain a engine for their vehicle that will be if great use in any future planned action against unscrupulous businesses.

What checks do you perform before providing accreditation, Chris?

Was this the slough branch? As they have our car?

Just got my car back from Slough, ran it for two days but now wont start!

My advice to all you people that are having problems with "these" companies is keep a file in date order of every event, phone call, email etc; and contact your nearest Trading Standards Office. The Hillingdon Office has been mentioned in a post as being aware of the practices that you are all posting about.
    Do not let it lie, the Terms and Conditions published on the website are reported elswhere to have been checked and classed as illegal as they are not customer oriented at all. Take a copy of these or the website url to TS as well and eventually they will have to take action.
    Another tip is never to deal with any business online that does not take credit card or Paypal payments, ask yourself why?
    Good luck everyone.

ohh s*** they have my car i took it last week

Default Beware of 1st choice engines ltd!!!

They are struggling to cover cost and administrative problems as I can observe. They don't care about customers as I was told by their managers face to face in their workshop. They want to make money nook or crook. Beware people should not go to them.

Hi everyone, this thread is so long and seems to cover so many business names. One name that keeps popping up is Roy Dart who I believe is now running "The reconditioned gearbox" based in Twickenham. Am I right to think that he is linked with the other business's mentioned in this thread? I have issues with him too but will not be discussing them in public but would love to hear from anyone who is up for going to see him.