Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka brentsouth trading aka heathrow engines DO NOT USE

My car was taken by these people almost 2 years ago, contacted all the relevant people, trading standards, police etc..No one wanted to know, yet when speaking to every 'legal' body I could, everyone were aware of them, except me (what a mug I am)..

The Heathrow place has now ceased to exist and the landlord of the property is now working their way through contacting the owners of various vehicles left behind, the landlord has recently attempted to contact myself but unless I am called by the police I won't be dealing with them directly, as I don't know this person and don't wish to simply for supporting such a shocking operation via supplying them with a place to work from. So if you do have a car at the old heathrow address it would be best dealing with the landlord direct to arrange to get whats left of your cars - sorry I don't have any details for them as I refused to deal with them directly. I were informed my car is just a shell, nothing much left of it...so what good is it to me now, for what it'll cost me to fix might as well buy another one (which I already did days after my car was taken when I came to the realization I was never going to see it again).

Default Us too! Car on way home though!

Bloody hell! Us too!
    Hubby had spent a fortune on his jag x type so wanted to invest more in it to keep it going as he loved the car. Searched the web (But not reviews!!!) and found 1st Choice Engines Ltd, based in Slough.
    As per all the other posts, he was quoted an amount on the phone and internet which more than doubled eventually. He took the car to the garage himself (We live a few hours away) and was shown around a garage and workshop whcih looked OK to him. Was told they would take the engine out that afternoon and get back to him with what needed doing. Later that afternoon the email came which well over doubled it! Even cargin £25 for nuts and bolts, hubby questioned it but still decided to go ahead. BACS transfer of half the money, eventually a second transfer to have the work completed (Totalling £2,600) Only a week later the car was ready for collection or delivery. Hubby chose to collect again, drove home, burning oil but he doesn't know cars so thought maybe something to do with new engine settling in. Normal mechanic advice to keep it stead for the first 500 miles, given a life warranty (Which I thought looked suspect as not signed or anything!).
    Hubby thought it was driving OK even though it was throwing out smoke. I took it out and heard a 'poof' sound as I pulled away and started to lose power to pull away. Had to call another road recovery service who came and looked. The turbo hose had not been attached properly. But we had already contacted the garage to say we thought we might need to bring it back because of the burning oil.
    Was in the garage for more than a week and no one could ever tell us what was happening to it - the usual story of holidn, being cut off, no phone calls returned etc.
    Finally yesterday I found this thread. Hubby rang them three times in a row and finally got Jamie to say the car was being looked at today (this afternoon). Hubby rang the warranty administrators who were no help, but he ecided to go and collect the car today anyway. Decided to get there in the morning to make sure they had not got it on a ramp yet.
    As hubby got off train he spotted a police car, spoke to them about what he was going to do. They explained that they know all about the company and have even had to send in armed response vehicles in the past after police officers and cars were locked in the compound (So those of you suggesting that seeing police cars in there being 'fixed' is a good thing, think again!)
    Thankfully, hubby just rang to say he walked straigh in this morning. They were surpirsed to see him, the car looked like it was in the same place the recovery company had left it. They confirmed that hubby did not want them to continue the work and said they would need to send him a disclaimer! (Like the warranty was worth anything anyway!)
    So, we are fairly lucky after reading the other stuff. We have been ripped off financially. Hubby will be checking engine number when he gets homeand will be booking it into our normal garage (If onlpy we had gone there in the first place!!!) If he gets home safely we can count our lucky stars that we have lost the money but have the car back.
    Lesson learned

Quote Originally Posted by ENGCTR View Post
    The posting above is totally fictitious, we are

national engine centre
    unit 1 derby rd
    cardiff
    cf245sb

02920 451919

might i ask that anyone who posts to this website with problems relating to a vehicle we have fixed or are in the middle of fixing, that they give enough information that i be able to give a detailed response. This doesnt neccesarily mean that you are wrong but im sure everyone will agree that there are 2 sides to every story.

We have thousands of satisfied customers and will willingly supply trade or customer references from people in your area to verify
    when there are problems sourcing parts or a vehicle arrives with parts missing, we supply free courtesy cars
    remeber an engine failure is nearly always a secondary reaction to a primary problem, sometimes this isnt always apparent especially when your vehicle arrives with us in bits and already diagnosed, an example is head gasket failures are sometimes caused by blocked radiators etc etc
    we have 10 customers a week and have been trading for over 15 years. Circa 8000 engines fitted, we have possibly 20 negative feed back on the internet of which half is malicious nonsense, this equates to less than a half a percent
    old cars are getting newer increasingly most of the engines we fit are secondhand units with proven provenance. This doesnt detract from what we offer. An example is a 4 cylinder petrol vw engine, removing the crank from the block renders the engine u/s and this info is from the manufacturer. Yet i still see so called recon engines for these vehicles for sale. Most cylinder blocks for petrol engines are now made from a cast alloy 90% of failures in this type of engine render them scrap/ impossible to remanufacture. The new generation of diesel engines are now going the same way very soon your only option will be secondhand
    we never tell you what you want to hear, we regularly advise customers not to repair there vehicles. What you paid for your car is irrelevant on the day you need an engine, all that matters is whats the car worth as it stands, what is it going to cost to fix and what are the ongoing running costs likely to be. Obviously the older the car the less likely its worth fixing?
    Please try us if you need an engine , no money upfront and we accept credit cards
    On the BBC this week in The Sheriffs are Coming, I believe this company was featured? Again?
    After some threats towards the High Court sheriffs by the owner, the police were called and eventually this company paid the outstanding amount owed to a disgruntled customer.
    The attitude of the owner in the program was a disgrace and he came across as just a bully boy.
    Having seen the program which is probably still available on iPlayer, I would not use this company for my engine rebuild.

BTW, I have found that despite their best efforts the Trading Standards and the Police can do very little to stop these scammers as they just keep opening a new company and move to another site to get rid of any hassles from the car owners who have been ripped off! They seem to start a new company about every 18 months and have been carrying out this operation for the past 8 years if not more.

Hi , sorry to give you bad news but these guys know all the dirty tricks and you will waste your money chasing them. What they will do is stop trading and suspend the company in a few months time. As the company has no assets you will not get a penny and all they will do is start another company like they have been doing for years .... I know this because I got ripped off 2 years ago!. I am now trying to stop their website getting on the internet by talking to the web hosting companies and letting them know what these people do ......

Angry Do not use this company as said before !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep i've been ripped off. !! What a bunch of crooks and boy don't they know it! We were one of 3 vehicles that came back that day, one person had been waiting 3 months. I got my vehicle the hell out of there ( towed without with their so called permission) stuff the warranty its not worth anything anyway. Now with my garage having the once over. What a bunch of complete ******S. Please don't anybody touch them or any recondition engine firm that answer the phone' ' mumble mumble engines! '' They are clearly hiding under several names. As for the so called manager Tommy ha ha ha!! Chief crook. There were a couple of travellers that had problems they stated ''there is going to be a lot of trouble here''. Boy do they deserve it. If you work there I hope you are proud of what you do to people.

That as much as we can say really. !!!

Default re-conditioned engines.co.uk

I have recently been informed by the Police that their extensive investigations into the group who operated from the Southall site, have resulted in no convictions, as they cannot identify the individuals responsible for this substantive crime.

The only course of action left is to raise public awareness in order to save others from being caught.

We need help from breakdown services, motoring clubs and organisations to warn people!

I've removed a couple of posts here owing to complaints of harassment from a hosting company. Future similar posts will be deleted to prevent this from recurring. The site is no longer hosted with them.

Can I just ask, does anyone have still have cars at the Saxon way address, Heathrow?

Default Reconditioned Engines or 1st Choice Engines

I only read these threads after my sons van was booked in and yes my heart broke when I read them. Yes the quote was £1695 then increased to £2500 BUT after speaking with other recon places this possibly could be the case as these things are not always visible until you take the engine to pieces. As my son couldn't find the additional monies we opted to have the van returned to us as reading the reviews we panicked. At no time did I have a cross word with Tommy and he did his best to reduce the quote and once we paid the cost of taking out the engine it is being returned to us today (Hopefully). I did my research and yes 1st Choice Engines are VAT registered so he is able to charge VAT. The price to take the engine out is a days labour £400 and the collection and delivery charge was £120.00 which is about right as I rang a member of FER www.fer.co.uk. All I can say yes absolutely gutted as it wasn't fixed but this would be the case even if I took it to a local garage. I am not endorsing recon engines but I also think I should be fair in reporting my events too.