Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka brentsouth trading aka heathrow engines DO NOT USE

Sky news are all over it as far as i am aware....
    They do quote one price yes and when they get they tell u something different.... I paid 2084 for some bodge job!

hi new to the sight in need of some serious guidence i have 2002 02 vauxhall astravan its a ls di 2.0 auto and needs a new engine i nearly fell for the offer RECONDITIONED ENGINES where offering till i read these post can any body direct me to some place recomended where i can get my van fixed with out coming across the bother some of you guys have had THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP saved me stress and monies i dont have

hi after some help and advice about reconditioned engines been reading a few post sounds like your a clued up sorta person whats the crack with these guys im lookiing for my van to been seen to i nearly booked with these till saw reviews they under investigation by the police and can you point me in direction of a company that arnt made of bullies and conmen

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman8055 View Post
    hi new to the sight in need of some serious guidence i have 2002 02 vauxhall astravan its a ls di 2.0 auto and needs a new engine
    The best place I know for Vauxhall parts and service is Vauxcentre at Harold hill, Essex. They should be able to supply and fit a good salvaged engine.

hi codling99 im based in cardiff and in a simelare situation i need a new engine for my car have you got the name of the company you used i cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Sharleen1978 View Post
    They do quote one price yes and when they get they tell u something different.... I paid 2084 for some bodge job!
    Hi Sharleen... I'm sorry to read your latest updates. (You may recall that we spoke about your car before you collected it).

Having read through your posts, you need to remember that Roy Dart was, or is, associated with Michael Kieron Rowan. They are both Directors of 'Embassy Executive Cars Ltd" and Michael Rowan was also a Director of MPH Engineering - one of the companies shut down by the High Court in November 2012. Roy Dart's Director history has something to be desired with a string of failed companies under his belt and several IDs at Companies House (presumably to mask his history) including a number of engine companies.

There's no getting away with it - he was certainly involved (all be it in the background) before and it was very convenient for him to step in and carry on the business when the Police shut the last two companies down in November. I don't believe he 'bought it out' at all especially in the time between the raid and the reopening before Christmas.

Anyway, I hope you get it all sorted.

........... I paid 2084 for some bodge job!
    And you could have probably have got a good used engine fitted for half of that price.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDanno View Post
    And you could have probably have got a good used engine fitted for half of that price.
    I'm not sure that's fair or accurate and does this young lady really need salt rubbed into the wound even if that was the case ????????!!!!!!!!

Its not a case of rubbing salt into any wound, my friend. Many many people read this forum and if you check the figures you will see that this thread alone has had over 60,000 views. So if we can provide them with an alternative to being ripped off then I think that is perfectly legitimate. I do not know what the car in question is but around here you will get a second hand engine fitted for less than 1,000 and very often with provable mileage. So, I think it is a fair and accurate statement?

Hi - desp wanted to share my experience it is 22nd April 2012 -------this company in this thread said they were going to help me where Manchetts failed. I'd already had trouble when Manchetts told me I need new injectors so I paid 1200 for the priveledge they they told me my engine was shot. So did they damage it when they'd previously confirmed the engine was fine? that's another story......In comes a chap called John from Engine Search trading as various other names I understand.....
    They promised to pick up my car from Cambridge - took it to their premises for 75.00 and said on top of that they would give me a complete engine rebuild for 1475 inc vat. They also said I would have my car back within 5 - 7 working days. I was so happy to speak to someone who would finally help me. I agreed to these terms as well as the promise of honesty and communication, I was told that to get my car back the engine would be like brand new - essentially as though there were zero miles on it. A new engine from vauxhall is 2500 all in inc vat. So at a promise of completion within 7 working days I believed I could cope for that short time and on the terms discussed I agreed. They picked up my car before the bank holiday. They had since then (three weeks later) refused to return my calls to the extent I had to involve the police who told me that it was a civil matter. I advised Roy Dart that I'd involved the police and wanted to come a check the premises and take my car, he said if i did I'd have a job to take it as if it was there it'd be in secure premises. I understand that this is THEFT and is def not LEGAL! When I insisted to the police that no-one could even confirm my car was with them - so therefore potentially it had been stolen, they took some details gave me a case number - no promise of action - I also called trading standards who were of no help either as they said I had not yet parted with payment they could not do anything either. I have now had to go and buy another vehicle as I desp needed a car to get back and forth to work and also to take out my three huskies. I have also had to give up dog training classes (assistant trainer) I am unable to get to the classes and had nothing to carry equipment in. My dogs are also involved in displays we prepare for those all year and because I had no transport I could not make the biggest for us Suffolk Dogs show. I have now been without my car for 6 weeks. And received a call from Roy Dart FINALLY on Friday saying that the bare minumum of what needs doing to my car will cost me just over 2.3K and if I want it running sweetly I should pay just over 2.6K - I could have had a brand new engine for 2.5K all in from a main dealer - why on earth would I choose someone that would cost me more. It is evident they LIE! I have found this extremely upsetting and distressing - I breaking into tears all the time - even in work and I hold a senior executive role - so this is absolutely not right......
    I now have to decide what to do - do I pay? or do I just take my car from him? Will he let me? - but it seems no-one will help me - not the police not trading standards not engine search and it just seems that they can get away with this without any come backs - IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN PLEASE OFFER ME SOME ADVICE........Do I contact the press or something. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !