Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka brentsouth trading aka heathrow engines DO NOT USE

My advice to all you people that are having problems with "these" companies is keep a file in date order of every event, phone call, email etc; and contact your nearest Trading Standards Office. The Hillingdon Office has been mentioned in a post as being aware of the practices that you are all posting about.
    Do not let it lie, the Terms and Conditions published on the website are reported elswhere to have been checked and classed as illegal as they are not customer oriented at all. Take a copy of these or the website url to TS as well and eventually they will have to take action.
    Another tip is never to deal with any business online that does not take credit card or Paypal payments, ask yourself why?
    Good luck everyone.

ohh s*** they have my car i took it last week

Default Beware of 1st choice engines ltd!!!

They are struggling to cover cost and administrative problems as I can observe. They don't care about customers as I was told by their managers face to face in their workshop. They want to make money nook or crook. Beware people should not go to them.

Hi everyone, this thread is so long and seems to cover so many business names. One name that keeps popping up is Roy Dart who I believe is now running "The reconditioned gearbox" based in Twickenham. Am I right to think that he is linked with the other business's mentioned in this thread? I have issues with him too but will not be discussing them in public but would love to hear from anyone who is up for going to see him.

Default 1st Choice Engines Limited / First Choice Engines Limited reconditioned-engines.co.uk

Not sure how many people know of this but the above company are based at :-

Unit 5,
    Perth Trading Estate
    Slough
    Berkshire SL1 4XX

The are the same guys that were Bray Engineering / Heathrow engines etc.

They are back to their old tricks of nicely on the phone when you 1st enquire, quoting a low price, recovering your vehicle for a cheap price if not free.....................

Then they have you...........

The price doubles due to more damage..........parts are damaged (which are not) and also your clutch is 80% worn so you should change this while doing it.

As from here you either pay the fees for recovery / strip down etc (£500 upwards) or you have to pay 50% UP FRONT before they will begin the work (many people feel they have to, however for your information this is against selling regulations to pay ANY money upfront - and they other signs are they don't take credit cards..........because they would get slaughtered via the legal teams at card issurers and the money would be taken back).

Your are then held to ramson and the guys use threats, abuse and intimidation - and they are no different in person.

People are getting their cars back, but paying stupid money for a ****** repair that costs less - or getting parts from someone elses engine - THAT IS if you are one of the lucky ones - otherwise you are fobbed off with excuses week after week.

I've been following this for some time and wanted people to be aware that this scam has moved to Berkshire.

STAY WELL CLEAR - The Sky News report plus all the feedback on here so give you the information to make this judgement call yourselves.

Default have you got your car back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by benatom View Post
    Was this the slough branch? As they have our car?
    they have mine & i was going to get the work done there

Default Time to take action

Hi All,

Those of you who have been taken for a ride - please send your stories to :-

complaintsfirstchoice@outlook.com

This has been set up to be able to get stories from people who have been overcharged, had **** work carried out, fed lies etc etc.

A compilation is being put together to forward to Trading Standards, the local police and anyone else who can help in making sure they do not screw more people over.

Well where do I start, service was awful, the manager tommy well, never met such a rude man in my life! The quote started off at £1700 without picking my car up, with picking it up £150 so ok that's cool. Phone call then there was more work to be done, another £600, so at this point I have no control, so I have to say yes, or lose £600+ vat for the labour and vat. So they start the work, half way through fixing my car they ring, "hi is that Jason, yes I reply, good news we are half way through fixing it, all going good but now we will stop and you need to pay half, I'm like what??? You need to bank transfer half the cost or we dong continue, so ok, it will take 3 days for it to get to your account but I will do it today, he then replies, well we can't continue until we get half payment (like I'm not going to pay as they have my car), so I'm very upset at this point, they have had my car 7 days and still no car, so they stopped working on it! At this point they don't or sound like they care! As they near the end of the job, they ring again, until we get full payment we will not finish the car!!! Whatttttt, even longer, cant get over the lack of trust or the urgency to give my car back as at this point they have had it 14 days!!! And want to charge me £230 to deliver the car to my house when they only charged me £150 to pick it up!! honestly anyone going to use this garage I really advise you not to, as good as they sound when you first talk to them, don't! I read a review before going to them, ignored it and my god do I wish I listened!! Still no car 20 days later!!! No updates nothing! Never thought I would go through this and don't wish this on anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by miss scarlett View Post
    roy dart and Paul Dockerill. these cowboys...took £1300 from me stole personal items and parts of my engine before throwing it all back into the car in pieces! i'm currently taking them to court but its going to be hard as they have changed their name yet again to Unique Engines ltd. How are they getting away with this??

Tommy Lorenzo is one of them to

This may help if you complete the form.....
    https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mg74/contact