Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka brentsouth trading aka heathrow engines DO NOT USE

Default reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka brentsouth trading aka heathrow engines DO NOT USE

Reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka Heathrow Engines aka Brentsouth Trading. If you are considering using a company by any of these names PLEASE DO NOT, I implore you. Read all the reviews you can on the internet, and heed them! I put a car in there recently for a replacement engine - the quote you will get, by phone will be £795 for a replacement engine, 60,000 miles or 5 years guarantee. They will also collect your car for free. You will be treated very well on the phone, and you will be excited at the prospect of your beloved motor having a new lease of life.. BUT, you WILL then get an email stating that the engine is not recoverable, and there are many other faulty parts (mine "apparently" needed a new radiator, new water pump, new fuel pump, new battery, new wiring, new pipes AND a new clutch. But they would gladly do it for £2,500!!! Of course, you will say "NO WAY"! This is where things get messy - they are professional heavies - I was threatened with . £10 per day compound charges up to 30 days, ay which point I would be charged for the recovery of the vehicle £150, the removal of the engine £310, and the recovery back to me £150. If I failed to pay, I would have to face bailiffs appointed by them, and in their words "Some bailiffs are kinder than others, you take your chances with these guys!!".
    I immediately jumped in the car (not mine, mine was in bits!!!) and visited them, unannounced. The office has a 2 inch thick bullet proof glass fron to it, you speak through a grill (does that sound like a friendly, trusting company to you?). I walked into the workshop - don't believe the pictures on the internet, this place is a stinking filthy place littered with scrap cars) and was immediately challenged. I found someone who would come and show me the problem with my engine - they showed me a head that was not from my car (I have the engine number!) and the "mechanic" told me the problem through an interpreter (ie was Indian, with no English). I'm an Engineer, the head of my car was serviceable, but to them, it wasnt. My car was oin a compound, and I wasnt allowed to recover it myself, until I have paid them the fees they demanded. Eventually I negociated and paid them £450 to scrap the car themselves - they are heavy, and you just want to get out of there and cut your losses. So, they now have my lovely car, they have £450 of my hard earned cash, and I need to buy a new car. I met another gentleman there, who had a story far, far worse than mine ... please . they sound so good, they are wonderful salespeople, and if you visit you will find the filthiest garage you have ever seen, compounds full of scrap cars. If in doubt, visit them first - you will not put your car there afterwards.
    There are lots of reviews about this company. Please heed them. I didnt, and compared to some, I feel I came away lightly.
    Thanks for reading - if one person who reads this heeds it, and doesnt take their car there, I feel my time writing this review will not have been wasted

Welcome to the site fatbob, its a pity your first post had to be warning to others, but they can be very useful for anyone looking for a reconditioned engine.
    Hope it all works out OK for you anyway, good luck

Heathrow Engine Centre have been 'known' for at least twenty years. I have had no end of personal experience with them and their products, and am surprised that they are still being used. I would suggest to anyone on the hunt for a recon engine that they seek professional advice as to who not to get a replacement from.

Most reconditioned engine suppliers have always been a bit dodgy. The word 'reconditioned' can mean anything from just replacing a cam cover gasket. You are more likely to be better off just buying an engine from a scrap yard.

Unfortunately there are many companies that still operate in this way.

I slightly edited the original post here to remove a couple of claims that I don't believe the original poster could realistically substantiate with regards to the legal status of employees.

In which case he could get some satisfaction if it turns out to be true by informing the UK Border Agency. And if the garage is so untidy, dirty and a shambles, a nice letter to the Health and Safety executive and another to the Environment Agency - waste oil etc - may give the OP some revenge?

the last verbal experience, with a punter about this company, was about 20 years ago, their engine change times were about 20 mins, and their warranty? guaranteed to get you off the forecourt!!

I am surprised they are still in buisness!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob View Post
    Reconditioned-engines.co.uk aka Heathrow Engines aka Brentsouth Trading. If you are considering using a company by any of these names PLEASE DO NOT, I implore you. Read all the reviews you can on the internet, and heed them! I put a car in there recently for a replacement engine - the quote you will get, by phone will be £795 for a replacement engine, 60,000 miles or 5 years guarantee. They will also collect your car for free. You will be treated very well on the phone, and you will be excited at the prospect of your beloved motor having a new lease of life.. BUT, you WILL then get an email stating that the engine is not recoverable, and there are many other faulty parts (mine "apparently" needed a new radiator, new water pump, new fuel pump, new battery, new wiring, new pipes AND a new clutch. But they would gladly do it for £2,500!!! Of course, you will say "NO WAY"! This is where things get messy - they are professional heavies - I was threatened with . £10 per day compound charges up to 30 days, ay which point I would be charged for the recovery of the vehicle £150, the removal of the engine £310, and the recovery back to me £150. If I failed to pay, I would have to face bailiffs appointed by them, and in their words "Some bailiffs are kinder than others, you take your chances with these guys!!".
    I immediately jumped in the car (not mine, mine was in bits!!!) and visited them, unannounced. The office has a 2 inch thick bullet proof glass fron to it, you speak through a grill (does that sound like a friendly, trusting company to you?). I walked into the workshop - don't believe the pictures on the internet, this place is a stinking filthy place littered with scrap cars) and was immediately challenged. I found someone who would come and show me the problem with my engine - they showed me a head that was not from my car (I have the engine number!) and the "mechanic" told me the problem through an interpreter (ie was Indian, with no English). I'm an Engineer, the head of my car was serviceable, but to them, it wasnt. My car was oin a compound, and I wasnt allowed to recover it myself, until I have paid them the fees they demanded. Eventually I negociated and paid them £450 to scrap the car themselves - they are heavy, and you just want to get out of there and cut your losses. So, they now have my lovely car, they have £450 of my hard earned cash, and I need to buy a new car. I met another gentleman there, who had a story far, far worse than mine ... please . they sound so good, they are wonderful salespeople, and if you visit you will find the filthiest garage you have ever seen, compounds full of scrap cars. If in doubt, visit them first - you will not put your car there afterwards.
    There are lots of reviews about this company. Please heed them. I didnt, and compared to some, I feel I came away lightly.
    Thanks for reading - if one person who reads this heeds it, and doesnt take their car there, I feel my time writing this review will not have been wasted
    I went to that same compound you say is full of scrap cars ??? to my supprise there was 2 surrey police cars and i counted 6 range rover sports all 56 plate 58 plate along with alot of high class cars i would be interested as to where all this scrap is and after some digging i found out thay do all surrey police and sussex amb service how can all this be true thay quoted me 995 for my car and yes it went up another 495 with a unservicabul head i did suspect this as i cooked the engine i payed and got the car back yesterday its A1 runs like new.
    my mate put me on to them his astra was done there good job done
    i cannot understand what happend there did you not read the t&c thay seem to mirror all the other engine manufactuers this is how it works like the other poster said recon the word is a very gray area you need to know the game to get involved thay all work the same

Why should servicing police or ambulances make any difference? The purchasers of the servicing do not drive the vehicles and they are spending public money.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    Why should servicing police or ambulances make any difference? The purchasers of the servicing do not drive the vehicles and they are spending public money.
    What iam saying is if the engines are no good and there is truth in what the poster said why are goverment bodys been using them it is public money this means thay could go anywhere the engines must be good enough for amd service ??? scrap engines ?? i also got one of the so called scrap engines it runs like new so does my mates and i saw no scrap cars ??
    i also delt with an indian but you seem to be doing this at tescos vodafone and most other call centers these days its the way things have have gone in this country why should thay be differant
    Dont want to **** anyone off jus putting my findings