Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driving on provisional...on my own?

Default Driving on provisional...on my own?

Ive had about 6-7 lessons and have just brought a car...my instructor says it wont be long before im taking my test. Ive passed my theory but at the moment ive not got much time to take lessons so in 2 months im going on a intensive course but I want as much practice as I can get so I pass.

Ive just brought my car and got it insured (Comprehensive) but ive got no one to take me around. Im confident in driving on the roads but if I was to be pulled over for no reason what would happen?

What would happen?

You asked a very good question, unfortunately, Superman to drive without a valid driving licence a person is liable to 3-12 penalty points WHICH can be added to your license upon passing your test.

in short, it would not be advisable. HOWEVER, to help you further with your question and to give you an idea
    of what mght happen, i ask you a question:

did you ever see the movie BRAZIL?
    Last edited by Free DOM; 13-05-07 at 15:57. Reason: n/a

Also your insurance would be invalid

Default The Law Low Down

If you drive without a valid driving license, you leave yourself open to prosecution under the Road Traffic Act 1988.

Also, technically, you can be arrested under the Serious Organised Crime Act 2005 - which now stipulate any offence is now 'arrestable'. this law is an overall of the safe guards of the police and criminal evidence act 1984 govering the definition of 'arrestable offence'.

so superman, it stands to reason you could also be arrested for not wearing a seat belt! Crazy I know!

and if you really want to look into what could happen.

under the Extradition Act 2003, you can be sent to the United States for trial for an offence committed here on UK soil even if the British think there is no case to answer. A bit over the top. but non the less 100% true.

i'm sure it would not happen but the law says it could. well, superman that is the low down on every possible thing that could happen.

if it were your first offence of driving a car without a licence you would avoid prison, just about!

take care and good luck. YOU WILL PASS. i PASSED 5TH TIME

Also what may happen is you invalidate the insurance and then the police have the right to take your car away

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Ive had about 6-7 lessons and have just brought a car...my instructor says it wont be long before im taking my test. Ive passed my theory but at the moment ive not got much time to take lessons so in 2 months im going on a intensive course but I want as much practice as I can get so I pass.

Ive just brought my car and got it insured (Comprehensive) but ive got no one to take me around. Im confident in driving on the roads but if I was to be pulled over for no reason what would happen?
    Furthermore, if you are seriously thinking along those lines, and this is not just a wind-up, you display serious psychological problems which disqualify you from being a safe, considerate and skillful driver. Perhaps you should stick to public transport.

Plus, you also claim to have obtained comprehensive insurance; how did you manage to do that without a full licence?

you also claim to have obtained comprehensive insurance; how did you manage to do that without a full licence
    Since when has the need for a full license been a requirement of obtaining comprehensive insurance ?
    I thought the only requirement was 'loads 'o money'

Default Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by bob_a_builder View Post
    Since when has the need for a full license been a requirement of obtaining comprehensive insurance ?
    I thought the only requirement was 'loads 'o money'
    It is a condition of insurance that the driver holds a full UK driving licence.

you would be done for 2 offences IN10 dirving without incurance min 6 points and 400 fine and 12 months ban

and LC20 driving other that inacordence with your licence up to 6 points

its just ot worth the risk as it can put you back 2 years befor you can get your licence and your incurance will more than duble

i no this as i done the same and got stoped

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher View Post
    It is a condition of insurance that the driver holds a full UK driving licence.
    driver or policy holder?