Thread: Car Insurance - doubt?????

Default Car Insurance - doubt?????

Hello everyone!!
    I just found out that my son has been driving without insurance for a few years. Now he wants to get it, but I'm worried. Won't he have trouble finding a company willing to insure him?
    Needs suggestions!
    Thanks in advance.

he should be fine finding incurance when they ask for driving expearance all he needs to say is that he was on someone elses polacy thats y he dont have any no clames bones and as lung as he stays honised about the rest he should not have anyproblems

Unless he has been convicted of driving without insurance, he wont have a problem insuring a car.

sorry but hes an idiot if hes been driving years without insurance

Hi There,

I am under 25 and I have just ended my first Year of having my own Insurance.

However, my car was broken in to the other month and it was not stolen the steering wheel was damaged and the lock.

However, my renewal has just come in and the price has gone up by over 300.

The total cost of the claim was only a couple of hundred pound.

I am not a boy racer and I have had no convictions in the 5 Years I have been driving but I feel like I am been victimised

I have been trying to find a site or a place that takes everything in to consideration and give me a fair quote but I can't find a thing
    or for that matter any company that will give me a fair crack of the whip on both my cars

At this rate I will always be paying more for insurance than my cars worth

Makes me sad

R18
    Last edited by Rob18; 09-06-07 at 22:55.

Generally speaking, if you are under 25 and have a minor claim for damage on your own car, pay for the repairs yourself until you have max bonus and then protect it. The cost will be lower in the end.

As for finding a market to insure you reasonably, it's just a matter of searching long and hard I'm afraid, motor insurers very rarely make anything much on their book of motor business, it's a very narrow margin industry that only makes money from tertiarry arrangements, fees and other such things.

Hi i work in insurance, your son has nothing to worry about unless he has been convicted of no insurance?? all your son has to say to the insurance company when getting quotes is that he has never had a policy in his name, if he was to say he was on someone elses policy they would ask for proof as this could get him a further discount on his insurance, so like i say best way to go about it is to say he has never had a policy in his name, OR get him to say that he hasnt had insurance within the last 3 years as no claims bonus is only valid up to and including 2 years, so they would not have to have any proof....

Hope this helps

I work in Insurance, what you should do is get in touch with the insurance company who dealt with your claim and ask them if you reinburst them the costs of repairs would they reinstate your 1 years no claims bonus?? can be done so give them a call!! it will be worth it in the long run..