Page 91 of 173 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Doing Today.

That's fantastic, Smudger and so glad you're getting some of your confidence back. Finding it a bit of a struggle at the moment to do anything but essentials!!

Cheers FJ, I'm back now, had to leave a day early, as my back simply packed up on me. My heart and mind wanted to stay, but the body had had enough?Mind you, the last day is only half a days work, then we all get spruced up for the evening banquet, which I always find just a tad too formal for the likes of myself.Mind you, I'm really glad that I went, as it has boosted my confidence and well being a great deal, and I'm looking forward to next years one, God willing I will be there.

I am a moderator on another site, and in the last two days, I've spent ages deleting over 200 spam posts that appeared on there in the last couple of days?........On a brighter note, my sister will soon be here, as she is coming over to see me on the 18th of June, we have been face timing each other every night since we got back in touch recently.............That has really boosted my well being, especially after what I've gone through over the past few months.
    Last edited by smudger; 01-06-15 at 23:29.

Well here I am in Holland folks, it took a couple of days to get here, as we popped in to see some long lost cousins on route, and stayed with them overnight.My bother in law is taking me to large store tomorrow, and all they sell is tools, so that will do me!The folk here are so much nicer here, than my village at home, they came round as soon as we arrived, but we were all tired after our early starts.So, I will see you all when (if I ever come back) winking smiley.

Careful, Smudger! Are you flying back? Not with all those tools you won't be!! Really glad you got there and hopefully have a truly great time.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Well here I am in Holland folks, .....................................The folk here are so much nicer here, than my village at home, they came round as soon as we arrived................
    Now why doesn't that surprise me? We are on a campsite in France, and a great number of the visitors are Dutch. They all speak good English and are generally extremely sociable - much more so than our UK cousins.
    We have met with Scots, Welsh and Irish whilst on site, and all are more openly friendly than most of the English (of which I am one!!!).
    Funny old world, ain't it?

Cheers folks, we never went out today, as we were all tired after the journey, and it was raining, (we took the Scottish weather with us) Tomorrow we are going into Gouda, so I can spend some money in that tool shop!Only kidding, it's a lovely city with loads to see, I'm looking forward to going.

We are relaxing after a busy weekend. We were at Worcester Cathedral on Saturday where Mo was Licensed as a Reader after three years of hard work qualifying. Our daughter and SIL were here, as was my sister so we had a house full. On Sunday we were in our local church and we provided cake for everyone.

Great to see them, but nice to get our house back to normal. Now we have the hard task of eating the leftover cake

Went into Gouda today with my sister, we went on bikes, which was funny, as I haven't been on a bike for yeas!..........I had a haircut, then on the way home I fell off my bike! ..............Not much damage, just a bruised ego, and a leg and arm?...............The change has done me the world of good, a I feel a lot better for it, I just love it here, so much different from home.

Where are the pictures?