Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast

Thread: What are you Doing Today.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    As if you haven't enough on your plate, smudger. Really hope all goes well for her.
    Aye! Snowball, cheers for that, she was diagnosed with cancer, and they can't operate, due to her emphysema, so all they can do is give her pills that might stop it growing, or even reduce the size of it?So, We are a both a bit depressed just now, will pop back in here when I'm feeling a bit more sociable, cheers for just now.

Very sorry to hear your news, Smudger, thinking of you and Mrs S. FJx

Quote Originally Posted by ficklejade View Post
    Very sorry to hear your news, Smudger, thinking of you and Mrs S. FJx
    Cheers FJ, much appreciated, we have had a lot of visitors, including ones that she not so keen to see, but don't want to go much into that?We are going to contact the MacMillan folk as we have been told that they are very helpful with treating folk with cancer, so maybe that will give me a break.It's been a bit hectic for me over the past few months, so I will appreciate their help.

I made a mistake, and deleted this post?
    Last edited by smudger; 10-03-14 at 20:45.

Today, on my wife's instructions, I went and bought our burial plot, as the place where she was supposed to go, was recently used by another family member, (not a close relative?)Before I did that, I phoned the hospital, which did her tests, and told them that we have not heard or seen, from anyone at all, since she was diagnosed with cancer?By the time I got back, the doctor and the district nurse had come to see my wife, and now things are moving, they are coming to give her a much needed bed bath tomorrow, along with other help.FJ, if you do manage to read this, thanks for your support.

I'm hoping this gets through, seeing other one did. Smudger, go for as much help as you can get. Don't take no for an answer but equally don't get bullied into anything you and Mrs S don't want - currently trying to make me fork out near on 10k for various things like a ramp; wetroom and now a new built-in hoist. These are all structural and I'd have to pay to have the house re-instated at some time in the future. Aside from fact Mum doesn't want it and them pushing stuff is making her worse. So remember you two are in control. MacMillan are great. Take care.

Aye! FJ, we had a houseful of nurses and doctors in today, my wife even got a bed bath! Then earlier this evening the palliative nurse was here when my wife took a really bad turn, we had to sedate her, and give her 5Ml of liquid morphine, before she calmed down.Our house has been modified quite a bit already, wet floor shower, disabled ramp outside, plus some hand rails fitted, these were done for my back injury as well as my wife's emphysema a while ago.I was told that things will get worse from now on, but at least I will get a break tomorrow, as one of her sisters is going to sit a while here, so I might even get a kip?

Sorry i havent been on here much recently, but ive been caring for my sick mum for the last flew months, but sadly she passed away about a month a go at the age of 83, im just starting to get back to normal, she out lived my dad by 18 years so she did quite well

but i pass on my best wishes to everyone at the smudger household

Very sincere sympathies, tommytwotanks, I know what it's like - Dad was 97 when he moved on in 2005 and Mum's now coming up for 93 - sadly, blind, wheelchair bound and with dementia. It takes it out of you and Smudger's been doing this longer than you and I. Give yourself time, mate, to adjust - it's not just the loss of a loved one, it's adjusting to a new way of life when the raison d'etre of your life for months/years has gone. You have to cope with your loss and a huge sense of bewilderment. I have been treated with a certain amount of disbelief from a couple of relatives over the impact on my and my son's lives for caring but - after only two months of not 24/7 constant care and dealing with household chores etc., they finally admitted that neither of them know how we've coped. Nor, frankly,do I - so give yourself time for you.

Sorry to read about your loss Tommytwotanks, I know what you are going through as I lost both my parents in the same year, and it does devastate you at the time.My wife was eventually admitted into a Hospice today, it's 15 miles away, but that was the only one that had a bed available. I went to see her earlier tonight, but she was a bit drowsy.It will only be for a few days, to find a way of killing the pain in her back, and to give us some much needed respite, as I for one, could do with some sleep.Thanks for your concern FJ.