Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 4585939495

Thread: What are you Doing Today.

Hi, Smudger, I couldn't send you a PM either - will try forum admin as seem to be having glitches with my account next week as I'm first aiding tomorrow and have a major problem to sort Monday with first aid training on Tuesday. Do one thing different tomorrow and one thing for yourself - could be same thing. Key thing is that it has to take your mind off your worries for just half an hour. Honestly, it does work but you need to stick to it for that timescale. And if you didn't like your choice, well, think of another one. coz you've learned the one you chose didn't suit.

On the other hand, you might wish to sympathise with me and my fellow event first aiders dealing with injuries to lycra-clad cyclo-cross maniacs who seem to relish coming off their bikes and landing in vast oceans of mud (at least I hope it's mud)! We have literally had to hose them off to be able to see their injuries.

If the forum admins are reading this, I have no objection to Smudger having my email address - and if you can sort my account which at the moment I can't do anything with, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Aye! Your right about doing something different to do every day, for example, today I spent ages transferring all the photos of my wife's last few months, into my desk top.I had to transfer them all from my I/Pad, phone and lap top, so it took me ages? The shrink, that comes to see me, is due tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to that, as it gives the chance to talk about what's going on in my mind.I think that if this problem does get sorted, I will sell up and move away as far away as possible from this place, and start a new life altogether.

Think hard, Smudger, before you do that. It's early days yet, and might be a bit too soon to jump into the wide blue yonder. Yes, I did jump with family, by a freak chance of fate outside in many ways our control but we did have a vague plan/more of a desire in mind. We got lucky and even though things ain't great now, I don't regret it. Be canny!

Ficklejade, I'll pass your email address to smudger.

Many thanks, Mike.

Smudger, very sorry to hear the news and read the posts here. I don't usually come this far down the forum so only just noticed these posts.
    Don't think you are being singled out at this time. A death brings out the best and (far too often) the worst in 'normal' people at a bereavement. You are not alone to find out about accusations and bad mouthing. Bad feelings soon bubble up at these times. Don't take it so personally (yes easy for me to say) as it will be your health that suffers if you worry yourself about it all.
    If her family want to do things their way, then maybe just let them. You will still have your memories which no one can take away and it would be better for you just to remember her as you do.
    Time is the healer they say so don't be too hasty making a decision you might later regret. Take your time and if things don't improve after a few months then maybe is the time to then think of a move.
    All the best.

Thanks Hometune, I am just taking one day at a time just now, and to be honest I'm quite happy with her family not coming to see me, as it just brings up bad feelings again.Mike, thanks for your Email, much appreciated.I never got much done today, as the therapist was in for a chat, I felt a bit better after that.

Smudger.

May I offer my deepest condolences to you.

I am so sorry to hear the sad news.

I hope things get better for you over time.