Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100

Thread: What are you Doing Today.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklejade View Post
    Thanks, Wagolynn.

Why is it at times like this when things happen to make life worse? Clutch has started to slip on car; hoover died; washing machine tried to flood the ******* and now the dog's unwell.
    Hello Fj,
    I thought troubles were supposed to come in threes - another bit of folk law hits the dust.
    Good luck, sounds as though you really need some just now.

Geez FJ, you are having a right bad time of it just now, I only hope that things get better for you soon. I've had spells like that myself in the past, in fact things are not so good just now?........I was at the last bereaved group therapy session yesterday, and I had to leave half way through it, ..........it was all a bit too much for me.One good thing recently, I've made contact with my sister, who lives in Holland, and after 23 years of silence, we face time each other every night now, so at least I have one alley in my corner now...........Hope things get better for you FJ, good luck.

Hi, smudger, glad to hear you are in contact with your sister again - a long time to lose touch. My wife lost touch with her brother (and only 7 miles away) because of her other sisters' inlaws. Now, he in his late 80's and she in her late 70's, they have got together for about a year now, and worrying sick over lost time and how long they have left. As we age, time becomes ever more precious.

FJ, sincerely hope you soon get a break from your run of bad luck.

Best wishes to you both, and hope that it's soon sunshine all the way.

Cheers for that Snowball, it's true I've come on a long way, since my lowest ebb when I was really down, and my mate from Canada saved me? ..........I'm really looking forward to next week, when I go to the work party on board the Yacht......................Then I've got my sister coming over in June to see me, and sort out all my late wife's clothes and stuff, as I just can't seem to do it, despite my several attempts?

Glad you and your sister are back in touch, Smudger.

Dog has perked up, thank goodness. I know he's on borrowed time - was given a couple of weeks back in Jan last year - but one always has a panic! He's been so good with Mum too,always went in to bark good night to her. He also had to have his say at the service - mildly embarrassing but really helped me and son and the Minister was brilliant over it. Lovely short service, the sum was out and next door's builders stopped work for the duration.

Otherwise, the bad luck continues! Neighbour's have got huge pub type brolly thingy in their garden and it's been blowing a hooley all day - it's now in my drive, having clobbered the boat. Thankfully it wasn't open - they have some sense! - or it would have taken off and hit heaven knows what. Leaving son to deal with this one, though I'll have to deal with them over the damage to the dry stone wall! Final straw was finding that my oh! so wonderful phone sold by Vodafone has had a nervous breakdown and can't bear to be alone - to cancel calls I have to take the back off and remove battery! Vodafone say take it back to shop - sounded very off when I pointed out nearest shop over 100 miles away - annoying thing is still paying for it through contract till November. Never again!

Well, here I am at Leith, on the second day of the Yacht reunion week, helping keep the old girl up to standard. I'm actually quite enjoying myself, despite my reservations over coming at all this year. ............I've met a lot of old ship mates, and meeting the public has done wonders for my confidence. .........So, it's all been a good experience for me, will be back home on Thursady.

That's fantastic, Smudger and so glad you're getting some of your confidence back. Finding it a bit of a struggle at the moment to do anything but essentials!!

Cheers FJ, I'm back now, had to leave a day early, as my back simply packed up on me. My heart and mind wanted to stay, but the body had had enough?Mind you, the last day is only half a days work, then we all get spruced up for the evening banquet, which I always find just a tad too formal for the likes of myself.Mind you, I'm really glad that I went, as it has boosted my confidence and well being a great deal, and I'm looking forward to next years one, God willing I will be there.