Page 148 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1739

Thread: What are you Doing Today.

The EU does only cover certain rules/laws in the UK and then we are free to do what we like on the others.

I'd still be happier out than in though - trade in one thing but deciding rules/laws is not what I want them to be doing.

Today, I'm going in for a drink induced hernia operation. I say drink induced because I'm convinced I felt it happen over two years ago when I had a bottle of wine between my legs with a stubborn cork and was pulling and tugging with all my might when I felt something go 'pop' and it wasn't the cork! Going in at 12:00 so I was up at 5:00 having some breakfast. Last cup of tea at 8:00 and I've got about 10 minutes left before I must stop taking all fluids. Only ever had one operation before and that too was a hernia but that was when I was a child over 50 years ago! Right, must go and have my last drink. If I don't pull through, it's been nice talking to you!

If you are still around - good luck.

Oh - and buy one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prezzybox-C.../dp/B000GG4YFA

Thanks. That is the exact corkscrew we have at home but we were away for the new year with a group of friends and I forgot to take it - ended up using the T-bar one in the place we were renting. Had to put my feet up after the incident as it felt like I'd been kicked in the Crown Jewels. Everyone there thought it was bloody hilarious!

I bet they did - as a general rule, if you aren't actually dripping blood, everyone thinks you are faking it.

Aye! It's the same when you drop something heavy into your toe, and your hopping around in agony, everyone else thinks it's hilarious, but they wouldn't be laughing if you dropped it on their toe😇.

Well, that wasn't too bad. Inguinal hernia repaired. Great stuff, anesthetic! Back home resting now.

Get your order for Special K in now...

I would say open a bottle and have a nice glass of wine, but I expect the corkscrew travelled quite a distance in an unknown direction immediately after your hilarious mishap.

I went to the precinct today, to get some stuff I needed, I passed a shop which was having a sale, picked up a shirt and pair of jeans for only £8😎.................................Got home to find the form sent to me about renewing my blue badge............................They are charging us £20 now to renew it!😡.................................I think that's a rip off, it's just like that new charge if £20 to renew our driving license, every ten years now, that's a rip off as well😡