Page 40 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Doing Today.

Yea! I tried Chrome in our desk top which has Windows 7 in it, but I went back to Firefox, as Chrome was making things a lot more difficult for me?

Wagolynn, that program about no sound reminds me of a prog I watched some years ago. They anaesthatized a pilot's Glutus Maximus and found he couldn't 'safely' land on a simulator.

I once tried to drive without my hearing aids, I found it very hard work, I cannot really say how much residual hearing I have but I think I may be more aware of vibrations from the engine and road. I guess that is equivalent to flying with the seat of your pants.

Our lad came round today hoping I could help him fit the new headlights he has bought for his Ford estate car, but when we discovered that the bumper had to be removed, he changed his mind?

I told him it would be a lot easier if he got a set of them drive up ramps, mind you, I had an ulterior motive, as if he does get them, I could maybe get a loan of them

Chaos here today, we had the bloke from Virgin Media connecting us up for TV, Phone & Internet, from Sky. I had cleared everything I thought out of his way, but when he came he wanted a different area cleared

The house was like a tip, and then to top it all off, he never even knew about the phone being changed over, so now we have no phone until tomorrow (hopefully) and after he left, we noticed that we had no H/D of film channels, which had all been agreed weeks ago

So all in all, its been a nightmare, and its still not yet over

Hi, smudger. Sorry to hear about your inconvenience. With these companies, it very often depends on how good the individual installation engineer is.
    When we changed to Virgin Media, I had heard that they don't take cables through to remote parts of the house. Like our neighbour, my computer is kept and used in the spare (back) bedroom. In his case they had taken the cable over the roof.
    Prior to the V/M engineer coming to install my cables, I put in draw wires and had everything ready. So all inside cabling is neatly tucked away under the floorboards. Externally, things aren't quite so neat. From the connection point at the pavement, the cable is buried in the garden soil without any protective sleeving. Where it crosses the concrete path along the front of the house, they cut a groove in the concrete and then cemented the cable in place. This means some care is necessary when digging/hoeing to avoid risk of cutting the cable.
    Plans are afoot for a new driveway and path, at which point I will disconnect the cable and slip a protective covering of pipe over it.
    Hope they get it right first time at the next visit.

Our lad came and followed the cable to a junction box, which was soaking wet, with grass growing through it! It seems the phone engineer slackened our Internet cable to hook up the phone, and never tightened them up again, and left the box in that poor condition

We have an engineer coming out on Tuesday to fix our Net, (but our lad has already fixed by tightening up them cables) but I want the engineer to fix the junction box when he comes. (they left us with no Internet of H/D channels for the whole Easter weekend)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea! when I laid a power cable to our sheds outside, I buried the cable inside a section of garden water hose, and laid it along side the edge of the concrete path, so I can replace it if ever the need arose

well im smiling today because the taxman sent a tax refund

Well done WT, it must be a great feeling!

I was well pleased when I got my pension pay-out, as I thought I had lost that during the divorce........I bought our wee car with it

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    ....I bought our wee car with it
    And have you changed the oil yet?