Page 78 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you Doing Today.

The wallet I bought from Argos came yesterday, it protects this I/Pad no bother! I'm starting to learn more about it, every time I use it.

I was watching that old TV program from the 80s, Boys From the Black Stuff, it seems to be appropriate for these days?

A couple of years ago, I bought an Asus Transformer - this is a tablet with a detachable keyboard, and it has been a very good piece of kit. My wife uses it more than me for her college course as it saves having to lug half a cwt of books around.

My daughter has always coveted it and this year we bought her one - not exactly the same but a slightly updated model.

My wife wanted a cover which would hold the screen part up at an angle for reading, and after much searching I found one on Amazon for the astonishing price of - 1p - One penny plus £3.50 p&p. but a pretty cheap present none the less. Unfortunately, when she tried it, it didn't fit. It did, however, fit my daughter's new one, so not wasted. I went back on Amazon and found a very similar one for £3 or so (plus p&p of course) and that arrived on Friday. Of course it's the wrong colour, but it does fit, and works perfectly, even allowing her to turn to landscape or portrait as required.

Thats good to hear, the one I got from Amazon was £10.99 with free P&P, I saw the exact same one for sale on PC World for £34.99, its leather with the "spin round" function, same as my one?

I wont need to borrow my wife's one any more, to watch all the TV programs I like, on catch up TV, while she is watching her TCM movies.

My youngest daughter and her partner are technophiles. So every now and then I get their 'hand-me-ups' when they replace items with newer models. I recently acquired a 'new' smartphone. Playing with it yesterday, I discovered a sat nav setup in there, and decided to give it a try. Today, I showed it to some friends and we have decided that with its uncluttered appearance, and simplicity of use that neither of us will buy another satnav, but they will buy a smartphone. (I know - it's sad that we sat around for a couple of hours looking at gizmos on a smartphone. )

I think that the idea of a dedicated satnav is yesterday's technology. Gradually more and more is being integrated into a small pocket sized piece of kit that almost everyone will carry. You do realise that you could probably control your TV with it too; take a snap of something and Google Goggles will tell you what it is; http://walkit.com/ will help navigate when you are on foot.

Another thing with the sat nav we have on our phones, is that they get are constantly updated, which is better than having to wait for new maps to be made.

I've just removed Firefox from this lap top, as I had nothing but problems with it after I installed the update? I then installed Gogle Chrome instead and all seems well, no more annoying pop ups, which seemed to appear on this site more often?

All running OK now though.

Just been watching a couple of parents (man and woman who are deaf mutes) who take their kids to the primary school around the corner from us, standing in front of our home and having a raging argument. It lasted for over 45 minutes, and we thought at the beginning that it might come to blows. Almost like a scene from Eastenders, with Bianca Jackson wading into Phil Mitchell; and the sound turned off!

I got my I/Pad back today, our lad had it to add some Apps to it, as I wasn't sure which ones were best. I'm glad to get it back, as that Lap Top was doing my head in last night?

Could someone tell me what this abbreviation means, as regards to a car engine...."Citroen C4 1.6i 16v VTR "It's just that we are buying that car, and have heard that engine gives good performance, and has low omissions, which will mean cheaper road tax, is that true?PS. Tried to start a new thread, but it wouldn't let me?