Thread: replace peugeot 206 fuel injector

Default replace peugeot 206 fuel injector

hi my sister in law has a 2000 206 and been told she needs a new fuel injector.approx how much do these cost and approx how long to fit

They are around £20 - 25 each, and take fifteen minutes to change. I believe they are all accessible without any dismantling.

Quote Originally Posted by rolebama View Post
    they are around ΓΆΒ£20 - 25 each, and take fifteen minutes to change. I believe they are all accessible without any dismantling.
    pmsl,

Sorry Wesley, I have re-read the post, and still don't get the humour. Explain please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolebama View Post
    Sorry Wesley, I have re-read the post, and still don't get the humour. Explain please.
    I think he does not agree with what you posted. I never commented on this thread because the OP failed to say which engine they have. Peugeot fitted a few different engines in the 206.

Hi Rolebama, were the changes more than software reviews? Do Fords still use Peugeot engines, if so do they keep in step with developments?

MrDanno: All the ones I have seen, the injectors sit at the front of the engine and are easy to get at. I have a top-mounted intercooler on my car, which means I can remove three OK, but the intercooler and some piping has to be removed for access to the fourth. Which is what I meant by saying 'I believe' and 'accessible without dismantling'.
    Wagolynn: Depends on the system. Bosch give information that allows for wear by recoding the ECU for the injectors. Some manufacturers take advantage of the system, others don't.
    Last edited by Rolebama; 19-03-10 at 13:33.

Hi Guys,

As Mr Danno said, OP failed to say which engine fitted.

If its a 1.4HDI. then they can suffer from corrosion between the injectors and the cylinder head, which is not an easy task to fix.

ps; the removal part? without "Any Dismantling"? Intercooler and Piping?

Wes.
    Last edited by Wesley; 20-03-10 at 00:14.