Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Has anyone experienced car cloning?

Beelzebub, thank you. Found info and checked my plates. As Smudger says above, I had to look for that on my plates, finally found it all 'etched/moulded' into the plastic.

Hi Guys!

1st time here, Some dodgy car cloniing stories here, Mine was´t as bad as the one from Blackpool.. but there goes, I went to Sicily this Summer with my girlfriend... amazing place... really you guys should give it a go if you haven´t been yet... and you gte the chance to drive a Fiat 500 with the maniacs in Sicily. Nevertheless I had booked a car with Hertz and after a "standard" waiting time of four hours I got my car... a beautiful Fiat 500, inmaculate, dark grey really cool design and powerful engine, only to see the exact same car, with the EXACT same plate as ours been washed in the parking lot on our way out... we noticed we were not the only ones... I guess some things only happen in Sicily... still worth the visit.

Welcome to the site Mike, I wonder if the other Fiat was also a "hire car?" did you tell them about that when you returned the car?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Welcome to the site Mike, I wonder if the other Fiat was also a "hire car?" did you tell them about that when you returned the car?
    Yeah :-) I did since I do speak some italian... but it was Sicily mate, an innocent smile, shrug of the shoulders with the expression "you know how it is" is what I got... clichés really do come true here and there mate.