Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone experienced car cloning?

Any suggestions?

First would be to stop using NPR.
    Insurance write-offs should be crushed by the insurers.

I think it would very difficult and expensive to put a stop on the whole scam. Remember when the Mileage Indicator went Digital, they said that would stop the crooks from turning the mileage back?

Well, it didn't, they
    learned how to hook it up to a computer and do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    NO NO NO. They are only Right-offs because the Insurance companies regard them as being "beyond economical repair" completely different from a "Right-off"

Not a write off but a right on...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    NO NO NO. They are only Right-offs because the Insurance companies regard them as being "beyond economical repair" completely different from a "Right-off"
    I do not see how it is relevant, the present system is wide open to abuse, as we know, what the problem with scrapping a car that 'might' have been saved. It is basically junk (expensive junk yes); it was almost certainly junk the day it left the assembly line.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    No, I do not agrre with you. I think that you misunderstand the reasons why Insurance companies write off "repairable" cars.

The Olympics only lanes will be FULL of Cloned Vehicles. The Fines will not be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    No, I do not agrre with you. I think that you misunderstand the reasons why Insurance companies write off "repairable" cars.
    I would agree with your sentiments on write-offs but the problem is there is no reliable system to vet the re-claimed cars before they go back on the road. I agree that an engineer checking cars during repairs and on completion would do the trick, but we are back to cost again. Therefore, I come to the conclusion rather than the insurers taking no responsibility for written-off cars they should actually dispose of them. Interestingly, this should reduce the number of written-of cars (written-off due to cost of repair), as writing a car off would cost them money.

I have had Two fines from Devon & Cornwall Police.Stating my car was (1)A photo in a bus lane in Plymouth.(2) A Photo going through a speed camera in Ashburton. But the Photos Show Same Number But DIFFERENT Car.Colour to mine.
    Last edited by daddyd; 07-03-13 at 20:28. Reason: forgot to add colour