Thread: RAC Approved Dealers

Default RAC Approved Dealers

Is there anyway I can check if a dealer really is a RAC Approved Dealer.

I would have thought there would be a list on this site.

Welcome to the site Ben, I think that a list like that would be somewhere on the Net, as you pointed out, its not on here, maybe one of the team will answer your question
    Cheers, Smudger.

I don't think the RAC "approve" garages per se.
    What they do have is approved contractors (who get sent to jobs the Patrols's can't get to, and who provide some flatbed cover), and garages that Patrols can recommend for repairs (generally through good word of mouth). The other thing they do is approved used cars, where an RAC inspector checks over the sales cars on a garage forecourt.

Thanks for the replies. It's just that the Ad I was looking at:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...leRegLetter=05

states that they are a RAC inspected vechicle dealer.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in responding. There is a previous post which may answer your query: Approved garages

Will keep digging and see if I can find out more!

Thanks

Maxine

Default becoming a contractor

Hi is there someone who can tell me how to become an approved contractor to do mobile fuel drains round yorkshire?

I went to buy a Mini from a dealer that had the RAC logo prominently displayed in all its adverts, and desptite expectations, found them to be dishonest, so I had a wasted journey.

I understand that RAC only inspect cars but if they're going to allow themselves to be associated with dealers they should probably choose them more carefully.

I'm still in the market for a used car but after my experience of my first trip to an 'RAC' dealer, I'm loathed to visit another.

Quote.."I went to buy a Mini from a dealer that had the RAC logo prominently displayed in all its adverts,"

I never knew they did that, I thought that the RAC and the AA just offered an "Inspection Service" where, for a small fee, they inspect a car, for a potential buyer.