Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,255 Posts
    12-04-24
  2. 240 Posts
    20-03-24
  3. 2,237 Posts
    21-03-24
  4. 48,674 Posts
    Today
  5. 12,518 Posts
    Today
  6. 10,913 Posts
    Today
  7. 904 Posts
    Today
  • ROW with parked car and oncoming / turning car
    Thank you all for your replies so far. I understand the quote "The rules in The Highway Code do not give you the right of way in any circumstance,... see more
  • Tips for driving in Europe
    An acquaintance fell afoul of French law because he had left his hi-viz jackets in the boot with other stuff for Continental driving. Apparently you... see more
  • Getting a job with RAC at 18
    I worked on cars for a total of over 40 years as both a hobby and a profession. Ten of those years were with the AA as a Patrol. The most difficult... see more
  • Guernsey recovery
    The RAC breakdown T&C's (page 7) define the UK as "In this policy, UK means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Jersey, Guernsey, and the... see more
  • Guernsey recovery
    That link says "We’ll tow your vehicle to any destination in the UK, rather than just 10 miles". Guernsey is not in the UK, so it seems the... see more
  • Getting a job with RAC at 18
    Hi Hamza, Congrats in advance for achieving your level 2 qualification, it sounds like you're smashing it. The best advice that I can offer is... see more
  • Guernsey recovery
    Hi Lightchoices, This would depend on the level cover you have with us. I'd recommend taking a look at our National Recovery option, without... see more
  • Car insurance payout advice
    Thank you for all the replies. see more
  • RAC confirmation email/membership number
    Hi @Fabio5, Welcome to the community. As you haven't yet had any contact from the RAC, I'd recommend reaching out to our contact centre to... see more
  • Insurance pilava
    Hi Hborth, How are things progressing with this? Have the police now dropped their complaint against you? see more
    @DrivingforfunOP, your friends are wrong. If you do as Drivingforfun advises, the car will be classed as Cat N, which has little impact. .You... see more
    Thanks. Then insurers have valued the car as £4,040. they have offered £3,400 to get the paintwork done myself. see more
  • Can my insurers recover costs
    Whether your insurers can recover costs depends on the specific circumstances and terms of your insurance policy. In some cases, insurers may be able... see more
    What car is it and what’s the rough value? I am guessing it’s a low value, maybe older, car? If so would a third option be to take the payout... see more
    Not detracting from the fact that “right of way” doesn’t exist, I can assume/guess what you are trying to ask, and will attempt to answer without... see more
    @GossopsGreenI'm always puzzled when people ask something like "just curious if there is a Highway code stance on this situation", when you could... see more
    "It's my right of way" are thoughts that frequently come before a collision. In normal driving, there are many situations a driver has to deal... see more
  • Job application
    Hi @olls205, Unfortunately, this isn't something that the community can help with. It can take a few weeks to process all of the applications and... see more
    Hi all, Luckily, not involved in an incident or heated debate, but just curious if there is a Highway code stance on this situation. There is a car... see more
    I am getting conflicting advice from friends about this issue. I am hoping somebody can end my confusion. A couple of weeks ago I took my Mum out... see more
  • Child in front with active airbag?
    Thanks!!!! see more
  • Job application
    Hi, I had my RAC teams interview on the 28th march, but I haven’t had any update on whether I was successful or not. How long does it usually take to... see more
  • Which IDP for Spain?
    It looks as if an IDP is a requirement for non-EU drivers (like us) in Spain, but according to... see more
  • Which IDP for Spain?
    Hi Kalispera, Welcome to the RAC Community. This link has some great advice about driving in Spain and will take you straight to the section... see more
  • Child in front with active airbag?
    Great answers from both of you @Beelzebub and @Santa see more