Welcome to the RAC Community

Your place to talk cars, driving, latest EVs, news and views, and anything motoring related!

members
    users online
    total posts
  1. 42,207 Posts
    Today
  2. 239 Posts
    Yesterday
  3. 2,234 Posts
    Yesterday
  4. 48,592 Posts
    Yesterday
  5. 12,451 Posts
    Today
  6. 10,888 Posts
    Today
  7. 901 Posts
    Yesterday
  • Funny roadsigns
    My all-time favourite is a huge sign that many years ago stood on the side of a main road near Halifax, Yorkshire. It said: DANGER, OLD PEOPLE I... see more
  • Hit and run not admitting liability
    In my experience, people often admit liability at the scene and change their minds later. It makes little or no difference to the outcome. ... see more
  • Hit and run not admitting liability
    Hi, I’m after some advice please. a few months ago someone hit the back of my car whilst I was stationery in traffic. I was shunted forward into... see more
  • Ford Fiesta gear change problem
    Your daughter's Ford Fiesta might be having trouble changing gears, possibly because of a worn clutch or hydraulic issue. Checking the nylon... see more
  • Funny roadsigns
    @NMNeil, nothing says "welcome" quite like bullet holes. 🙃 see more
  • Funny roadsigns
    Not sure if you call it funny but living in the middle of nowhere redneck country all our road signs look like this. see more
  • High Risk Driver Definition
    It's becoming an issue here with cars sending data to the insurance companies without your knowledge or consent and out of the blue your car... see more
  • Where to find the free MOT voucher
    I worked white collar crimes for a while and files are rarely completely deleted. I had recovery software from the FBI and Homeland Security, and it... see more
  • Focus Mk2 Heater Matrix Leak Help
    Not sure if it's applicable to your model https://www.ffguide.net/heater_core-742.html see more
  • Who’s at fault
    Just report it to your insurers (which you must do anyway), and let them deal with it. ​​​​​​​The more info you can give them the better -... see more
  • Who’s at fault
    @Santa yer police hit in to me but not accepted liability saying they was doing 3 point turn in the road and I tryed to sneak past see more
  • Who’s at fault
    @Mark07 not willing to give it for some reason hmmmmm or has disappeared see more
  • Dacia announce the UK's cheapest EV
    The Prius was a brief hit as it appeared in a few movies, so California jumped on the bandwagon and everyone wanted one, same thing happened with the... see more
  • Named driver on other vehicle
    @Santa is right, in this scenario, you shouldn't need to notify your insurance. As a general point, I'd recommend declaring an incident asap on... see more
  • Can my insurers recover costs
    As a general point to anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation. With motor insurance, the policy which was active at the time of the... see more
  • High Risk Driver Definition
    For young and new drivers, there is also black box insurance. https://www.rac.co.uk/insurance/black-box-insurance The box will analyse your... see more
  • Insurance mileage
    @Rolebama is right, if your insurer is aware that the mileage has been exceeded they may well ask you to update your estimate. Exceeding the... see more
  • Adding someone to my insurance?
    In case it helps, you can add a non-UK license holder to your insurance as long as their license is valid and legally entitles them to drive the... see more
  • Where to find the free MOT voucher
    If this happens to anyone else, the best advice is to get in touch with us at The RAC by phone (0330 159 1111) or email ([email protected]). ... see more
  • Second non fault accident advice please
    It certainly seems you are doing all the right things. I don't know if this helps, butmy carI was hit by another a few years ago, and I used a third... see more
  • Funny roadsigns
    @Rolebama, I think i'd take my chances with the cars 😅 see more
  • Community Volunteers
    Don't forget to like the original post if you're interested in volunteering. see more
    ​​​​​​​ Do you think the US market is becoming more receptive to 'smaller' European cars? From what i understand, the Prius was a big hit on both... see more
  • Car insurance occupation
    I suspect @Rolebama is right. When it comes to insurance, if in doubt, talk to them directly. see more
  • Who’s at fault
    @Cjm if you've had a collision with a police car, I wonder if they'll have a dashcam and if you can request the footage? see more
  • Test Examiner was wrong
    Try and take the positive out of the situation, you are clearly a good driver who is going to smash it next time. You can go into your next test... see more
  • Second non fault accident advice please
    So, two months ago someone went into the back of my car and drove off, luckily got his reg and all dealing with insurance etc. At stage where I have... see more
  • Test Examiner was wrong
    See Rule 110. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/general-rules-techniques-and-advice-for-all-drivers-and-riders-103-to-158 Did the... see more
  • Funny roadsigns
    I believe this is from Florida. see more
    If only they would be available here in the US. But unfortunately the mention of Renault may have buyers very reluctant. On a side-note, the reason... see more