Improve cost control and maintenance with the Telematics App from RAC
The RAC Telematics Driver App gives your drivers immediate access to key information, including vehicle health, driving score and journey information - all in one easily accessible place.
Telematics is already proving to be a vital tool for businesses in improving fuel efficiency, as well as reducing accidents and wear and tear on vehicles. This app is free to download for drivers with our award winning telematics already installed in their vehicle, helping them develop better driving habits, while saving the business time and money.
The power to put information at drivers’ fingertips
Our Telematics App enables drivers to be proactive about vehicle maintenance, with the same level of information that a fleet manager would see in their Telematics online portals.
For example, every year the RAC deals with around 50,000 battery replacements among business customers (second only to wheel changes as the biggest reason for patrol callouts). By using the new app in conjunction with the telematics unit, drivers can see if the battery is failing and replace it in their own time, rather than having to deal with an unexpected breakdown and the consequent inconvenience and impact on the business.
Five key areas for drivers:
- Information and scoring on driver behaviours such as speed, acceleration and braking, that determine overall score.
- Hints and tips to improve highlighted weak areas to reduce the risk of accidents and become a safer driver, as well as improve fuel efficiency.
- Keeps the driver up to date on the health of the vehicle, and provides warning alerts for specific faults such as a battery running low or other engine components malfunctioning.
- Helps to plan ahead and minimise vehicle downtime.
- Provides current location and status, average MPG.
- View journey information, including time, location, mileage and duration, helping to keep track of vehicles and plan routes more effectively.
- Displays both business and private journey mileage, and generates mileage reports to help with personal expenses management.
- Input MOT, tax, insurance and service dates into the app and receive timely reminders/alerts to book or renew.