If your vehicle has already broken down, you cannot buy your RAC membership online. However, we can still help - call us for immediate cover on 0800 828282 or 0333 2000999.
* Breakdown Free Fuel Offer Terms and Conditions:
- A maximum of £200 will be available on a pre-paid MasterCard® debit card; the first payment will be made to new customers purchasing RAC Breakdown cover and a second payment will be made when those members renew. The level of cover purchased determines the amount awarded:
- £20 on Roadside & Recovery
- £30 on Roadside, Recovery & At Home
- £50 on Roadside, Recovery, At Home & Onward Travel.
- £100 on Roadside, Recovery, At Home, Onward Travel & European
- To qualify for the RAC prepaid MasterCard® debit card (the ‘Card’) you must purchase RAC Breakdown cover direct from RAC by visiting rac.co.uk, or by calling us direct.
- You must purchase Personal Based membership on an annual continuous payment method on one of the above cover combinations to qualify.
- Purchases and start date of RAC Breakdown cover must take place during the term of the promotion between 17.06.2015 and 09.09.2015. Your policy must have started and we must have received full payment in order for us to issue your Card.
- If you do not claim your first free fuel payment then you will not qualify for the offer in year 2.
- The offer is not available to existing RAC Breakdown customers buying (or renewing their existing) breakdown cover or on purchases of breakdown during a breakdown situation.
- This offer is fulfilled online and you must therefore provide a valid email address at the time of purchase in order to claim your Card.
- The offer excludes purchases made through cashback and voucher code sites.
- The offer excludes employees of RAC, their immediate families, agents or any other person connected with the promotion.
- The Card provides the Cardholder with the value pre-loaded on the Card to spend anywhere where MasterCard® is accepted.
- Only one Card per customer.
- There are no cash or any other alternatives available.
How It Works
- To claim your Card you must visit www.racfreefuel.co.uk before midnight on 21 December 2015 and enter your membership and unique reference number which will be emailed to you 10-15 days after your purchase date.
- Provided payments have been received in full, and you have logged in to www.racfreefuel.co.uk to accept the offer terms and conditions and claim your Card, the Card will be posted to your home address 35 days after your policy start date.
- In advance of your Card arriving you will receive your activation instruction email to your registered email address.
- In order to be able to use your Card it must be activated within 3 months of the date we dispatch the Card to you and your PIN must be retrieved. You can do this by calling 0844 800 64361.
- Upon renewal provided you meet all the qualifying criteria and payments have been received in full, and you have activated your Card your Card will automatically be topped up 35 days after your renewal date. The level of cover renewed at will determine the amount topped up on your Card (above).
Things You Need To Know
- Please keep your Fuel Card safe as you’ll need it to automatically get your Free Fuel upon renewal.
- If the amount of the value available on the Card is not sufficient to cover your purchase, you will need to pay the difference by other means first (cheque, cash, debit or credit card) then use the Card.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and RAC reserve the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions or to withdraw the promotion at any time.
- Your RAC Fuel Card MasterCard® is issued by R. Raphael & Sons plc pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Inc. R. Raphael & Sons plc is a UK Bank authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (registration number 161302) and is permitted to issue e-money. Head office and registered office at 19-21 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 7ED, company registration number 01288938.
- It will be necessary to pass some of your data to The Grass Roots Group UK Limited for the purposes of administering the Card. Your data will be kept secure and will not be used for any other purpose.
1 Calls to this number will cost 7p per minute. Your telephone provider (including mobile providers) may add an additional access charge.
Prices shown are for the first 12 months of membership with payment on a continuous annual basis. All prices quoted are available to new customers only. If you've had RAC Breakdown cover at any time in the past 60 days, please call us on 0800 096 6841 to renew your membership.
You are covered for Roadside assistance only in the UK and Ireland in the first 24 hours of taking out your membership, after which you'll be entitled to the full level of cover you've purchased.
† Non commercial vehicles only, excluding certain vehicle types
Opening hours - Monday to Friday - 07:00 to 22:00, Saturday - 08:00 to 20:00, Sunday - 09:00 to 19:00, Bank Holidays - 09:00 to 17:00. Calls may be recorded and/or monitored.
0333 numbers are mobile friendly, charged at national call rates and included in inclusive minute plans from landlines and mobiles. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded.
0844 calls are charged between 1p and 13p per minute, plus a 15p call set up fee from landlines. Calls from mobiles are typically between 5p and 41p per minute. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded.
Breakdown cover provided by RAC Motoring Services (Registered No 01424399) and RAC Insurance Ltd (Registered No 2355834). Registered in England; Registered Offices: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, WalsallWS5 4AW. Arranged, sold and administered by RAC Motoring Services who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of insurance mediation activities only. RAC Insurance Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.