Complete a survey
for a chance to win £100 of M&S vouchers
Sales enquiries: 0844 891 3111
RAC prepaid Visa debit card Terms & Conditions Main terms and conditions
1. RAC prepaid Visa debit card offer is open to new RAC Breakdown members only, excluding employees of RAC, their immediate families, agents or any other person connected with the promotion.
2. To qualify for the RAC prepaid Visa debit card you must purchase RAC Breakdown cover from www.rac.co.uk
3. You must purchase Personal Based membership on an annual continuous payment method on one of the following cover combinations:
• Roadside & Recovery
• Roadside, Recovery & At Home
• Roadside, Recovery, At Home & Onward Travel
4. Purchases and start date of RAC Breakdown cover must be made during the term of the promotion 03.02.2014–07.02.2014. We must have received full payment by the 21.02.2014 in order for us to issue your RAC prepaid Visa debit card.
5. The offer is not available to existing RAC Breakdown customers buying (or renewing their existing) breakdown cover.
6. The offer excludes purchases made through cashback and voucher code sites.
7. A maximum of £20 e-money is available to new customers purchasing RAC Breakdown cover.
8. The RAC prepaid Visa debit card provides the Cardholder with the e-money value available on the card to spend anywhere where Visa is accepted.
9. The RAC prepaid Visa debit card cannot be used to obtain cash, nor can it be used to purchase fuel via a Pay@Pump facility.
10. Only one RAC prepaid Visa debit card per customer.
11. There are no cash or any other alternatives available.
How It Works
12. To claim your RAC prepaid Visa debit card you must visit www.racfreefuel.co.uk before 8th May 2014 and enter your membership and unique reference number (URN) which will be sent to you via letter 10-15 days after your purchase date. This is an online campaign and you must therefore provide a valid email address in order to claim your card.
13. To receive the RAC prepaid Visa debit card, your respective RAC membership must still be in force and payments received in full. Provided payments have been received in full, and you have logged in to www.racfreefuel.co.uk to claim your card, the RAC prepaid Visa debit card will be posted to your home address within 60 days.
Actions You Need To Take
14. Upon receipt of your activation instruction email and the RAC prepaid Visa debit card, you must activate your card by calling 0844 800 6436* and retrieving your PIN. You must activate your card within 3 months of the date we dispatch your card to you. You need to activate your card to be able to use your RAC prepaid Visa debit card.
Things You Need To Know
16. If the amount of the value available on the RAC prepaid Visa debit card is not sufficient to cover your purchase, you will need to pay the difference by other means first (cheque, cash, debit or credit card) then use the RAC prepaid Visa debit card.
17. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and RAC reserve the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions or to withdraw the promotion at any time.
19. By participating in the promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
20. GRG Visa Debit cards are issued by R. Raphael & Sons plc, pursuant to licence from Visa Europe. R. Raphael & Sons plc is a UK Bank authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (registration number 161302).
Registered office at Albany Court Yard, 47/48 Piccadilly, London, W1J 0LR, company registration number 01288938. RAC prepaid Visa debit card is redeemable anywhere VISA is accepted. Visa and the Visa Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Visa.
21. It will be necessary to pass some of your data to The Grass Roots Group UK Limited for the purposes of administering the RAC prepaid Visa debit card. Your data will be kept secure and will not be used for any other purpose.
*0844 calls are charged between 1p and 13p per minute for landline customers. Call may be monitored and/or recorded.
Breakdown cover provided by RAC Motoring Services (Registered No 01424399) and RAC Insurance Ltd (Registered No 2355834). Registered in England; Registered Offices: RAC House, Brockhurst Crescent, Walsall WS5 4AW. Arranged, sold and administered by RAC Motoring Services who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of insurance mediation activities only. RAC Insurance Ltd is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.